Where's Cynthia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
bad neighbor 1.jpg
bad neighbor 2.jpg
bad neighbor 3.jpg
bad neighbor 4.jpg
bad neighbor 5.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That garage door! I'd hope lightening set that house on fire. No problem with reasonable signs for what they support but to have a permanent rainbow on the garage with all the other garbage, no thanks!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That garage door! I'd hope lightening set that house on fire. No problem with reasonable signs for what they support but to have a permanent rainbow on the garage with all the other garbage, no thanks!

People like to gripe and complain about HOAs, me formerly being one, but then you see this and know why they exist.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, the garage door is not painted permanently, it is a tarp with grommets. I have met these people as they have several good loving dogs that are escape artists and for some reason usually end up in my back yard. I have no idea why as I don't feed them I just treat them nicely and pet them. When their dog escapes, they call me first. The people are nice but a tad bit weird and a whole lot liberal.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't support an HOA being able to stop people from using their property as a canvas. Depends on what they want, I guess... as long as it isn't letting grass and brush grow up to the point they are bring vermin into the neighborhood. And this is something the CITY has ordinances for. Along with cars up on blocks in the grass, trash and brush, etc. As for what they have up I may think it is stupid, but it isn't my right to tell them they can't paint their house how they want.

Does it degrade the neighborhood? Maybe so... but it's too slippery a slope to tell them only this or that is allowed. we've all seen the stories of stupid HOAs abusing their power and not letting someone fly a flag or something stupid like that.

I won't live under an HOA for that reason. If I want to paint my house hot pink and you don't like it, well... screw you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom