Which bullets for my Glocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
, or if you are casting them yourself, you will need to size them.

Like Brent said. If you're casting your own they'll need to be checked either for normal acceptable size or against your throat diameter. All barrels are slightly different in size. One of the benefits of casting you own is being able to better fit your particular gun. I've got some guns that the as cast fits them perfectly. Others I resize. There's basically two schools of thought or practice for resizing. Both resize about the same by squezzing the bullet through a resizing die. The big difference is how they apply lube to the bullet. But these are considerations more appropriate for precision shooting not plinking and hobby shooting.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So one question to throw out there on the note of reloading for Glocks. Is an aftermarket barrell really needed for a glock due to the unsupported chamber or can you rock the stocker without issues with reloads??

Me and a buddy of mine are getting everything together to start reloading for 9mm for our glocks but i hate the idea of having to spend another $100-200 for a new barrel just to shoot reloads. Not trying to hijack just a quick ? after reading through this and definately thinking hard cast lead will be a good alternative for reloads to go plinkin with.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The unsupported chamber isn't the issue, it's the rifling in the barrel. A standard barrel has lands and grooves. The Glocks have polygonal rifiling. Whet you see inside the Glock barrel looks like lands and grooves that have been rounded and smoothed.

Several of us have said that we have shot reloads and lead bullets through our Glocks with no problems. BUT. Glock doesn't recommend it and Lone Wolf has a disclaimer that says reloads will void their warranty.

Decisions, Decisions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom