Which bullets for my Glocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J & K has a nice 9mm bullet. Give them a call. He's test fired the crap out of them with zero problems. I've got lots of buddies who shoot Blocks er I mean Glocks with lead bullets with zero problems also. Like said above just be sure and buy hard cast, like the ones at J & K. He makes them up special for your little Glocks.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Montana Gold for jacketed. If you do decide to shoot lead, be sure to deep clean the bore before you begin shooting lead, and then check it frequently to be sure the lead is not building up. Clean as needed.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch of J&K shoots tons of his hard cast bullets in several different Glocks with zero problems. Give him a call and he can give you specifics. I've been through about 1500 of the 147 grain 9mm in my M&P. I use them for competition and couldn't be happier with them, great performance and value... with absolutely no leading.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock says shooting lead bullets is not recommended. I've shot a couple of thousand through mine. I've had some leading, but nothing serious. Some shooters are getting aftermarket Lone Wolf barrels with standard rifling just so they can shoot lead bullets.

Now here is the funny part. This was copied from Lone Wolf's website.

Lone Wolf Distributors will replace any of our barrels or barrel accessories which are found to have manufacturing or material defects. Customer modifications or the use of reloaded ammunition will void this warranty

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a few thousand lead through my Glock 22. The gun seems no worse for wear, however I loaded them to pipsqueak velocities. I shoot a lot of berry's. They're fairly cheap and I like em. And I don't have to deal with lead.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot 300-400 rounds of our lead bullets through a Glock 17 every week. I get zero leading. At one point, I shot 1100 rounds without cleaning it. I still had no leading problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom