Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wearing this today for you @rockchalk06. That’s not true, totally wearing this for me!

F5477904-9CAC-49E2-945A-589A66AD1ADF.jpeg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, so I may need to buy a new watch to replace the one that's missing. I'm not one to spend thousands or even several hundred on a watch. $1000 is out of the question. $400 ish maybe if there's something about it I really really like. I like them to be accurate and I loved that the missing watch was automatic. I've had exclusively Seiko's for the last 40 years, and they're plenty accurate for my purposes. It was very similar to this one except two-tone rather than gold, and I'd be perfectly happy with another just like it.

1680824136192.png

(P.S. The missing one is not a 5 but it's automatic and similar style except in two tone.)

So as far as brand names, to get a good quality and pretty accurate watch, what I'm getting from this thread is Seiko at the lower end of my price range.
If I want to splurge a little, maybe a Citizen Eco-drive
If I want to splurge a little more, maybe a Tissot Powermatic

And I'm intrigued by the watches that sync to an atomic clock... whatever you call that. But it's not a deal breaker if the watch is accurate.

Is my assessment fair? Are there other options I'm overlooking? If I order from Amazon, can I be confident I'm not getting a fake?

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Aries Best bet is to buy from an AD, but Amazon is pretty good about not sending fakes as long as you are buying from them using Prime vs a private seller.

Check out Mimos Jewelry and use code rob25 for 25% off at checkout. No tax and usually free shipping. Every Hammy I own came from Mimo, all legit, true AD and full warranties. Mimo's Jewelry and Watches Services In Long Beach 90803

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Aries Best bet is to buy from an AD, but Amazon is pretty good about not sending fakes as long as you are buying from them using Prime vs a private seller.

Check out Mimos Jewelry and use code rob25 for 25% off at checkout. No tax and usually free shipping. Every Hammy I one came from Mimo, all legit, true AD and full warranties. Mimo's Jewelry and Watches Services In Long Beach 90803
I bought my Hamilton from mimos too. I used a different code for 25% offm BRUCE25. They have a bunch of them. They are an authorized dealer and listed on Hamilton’s website, like rockchalk06 mentions and were barely more than the gray market shops. It’s the first place i look now.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom