Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Fake Oris. Makes the perfect work watch
2BCEFEE0-723F-433B-8BDE-B5AABAE40301.jpeg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, still lamenting the Pelagos. Consider these options. Tudor Black Bay 58 full kit, two owner. 2020 card, still under warranty. $2500 range.
UwGtQlS.jpeg

BItvEUx.jpeg

Option 2 is a Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 first generation fresh from factory rehab ($700). This one's $3k.
IMG_4142_jpeg-2782651.JPG

vHnwiRH.jpeg

v3zAlzc.jpeg

C2woXkn.jpeg

I'd go Seamaster, but the Pelagos over a Seamaster (sorry boys :D)

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go Seamaster, but the Pelagos over a Seamaster (sorry boys :D)
Omega, recent factory service and looks great. The black bay is nice and an excellent price, the two owner thing is a bit disturbing. Is it within factory specs? Is it uncomfortable to wear? Great price though, may be worth a service, unless one of the previous owners sent it to Tudor and they said it couldn't be serviced... Just some thoughts. Used market is great for some watches, others questionable. Omega's do not seem to have the hangups Rolex and Tudor have with factory service.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take in mind that the Planet Ocean is a pretty thick watch. It's not the easiest to wear. If the 16.6mm thickness doesn't bother you, I'd go with the Omega. That Tudor is a more traditional size watch and will probably wear better if you don't like thick watches.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Omega, recent factory service and looks great. The black bay is nice and an excellent price, the two owner thing is a bit disturbing. Is it within factory specs? Is it uncomfortable to wear? Great price though, may be worth a service, unless one of the previous owners sent it to Tudor and they said it couldn't be serviced... Just some thoughts. Used market is great for some watches, others questionable. Omega's do not seem to have the hangups Rolex and Tudor have with factory service.
LOL, owner wants to upgrade to a Pelagos.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take in mind that the Planet Ocean is a pretty thick watch. It's not the easiest to wear. If the 16.6mm thickness doesn't bother you, I'd go with the Omega. That Tudor is a more traditional size watch and will probably wear better if you don't like thick watches.
I have a PADI Prospex pepsi turtle. I don't mind thick.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still one of my favorites, even though it's one the most inexpensive timepieces that I've ever purchased. The seconds subdial makes the fact that it's a quartz much less noticeable. Having a movement that keeps time at +0.27 spd is nice, but it's a far cry from a HAQ standards though. I just wish that it had a sapphire crystal in it.

20230418_151524.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom