Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interstellar. The Murph and this one. I've never watched the movie and it's gotten pretty bad reviews, but it did give both watches a cult like following.

I have the 42mm Khaki Field because of Captain America. His was on a brown strap though.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hamilton-watches-movie-interstellar/
Ok. I liked that movie. Little deep but if you have a basic understanding of quantum physics and time/gravity at an event horizon it kind of makes sense.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Murph is definitely my favorite out of it and Matthew McConaughey's "Coop". At some point, I'll pick up one in 38mm.

IMO...the movie wasn't terrible. I kind of enjoyed it.
The more I think about it, besides the obvious gold Rolex, Hamiltons may be the most featured watches of film/screen. All y’all have mentioned plus, Elvis always wore a Ventura, as did the Men in Black. Pretty sure Saul Goodman wore a gold PSR? Roger Moore also wore a PSR. 2001, Street Car Named Desire.

And for some reason, I’ve never owned one-though I’m looking at Venturas at Jomashop now

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20230419_162648.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I think about it, besides the obvious gold Rolex, Hamiltons may be the most featured watches of film/screen. All y’all have mentioned plus, Elvis always wore a Ventura, as did the Men in Black. Pretty sure Saul Goodman wore a gold PSR? Roger Moore also wore a PSR. 2001, Street Car Named Desire.

And for some reason, I’ve never owned one-though I’m looking at Venturas at Jomashop now
Can't forget Magnums Pepsi GMT or his Sea Quartz 30 😀

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hamilton currently claims over 500 film appearances. I would assume that's several times more appearances than any other watch manufacturer, but I've never researched it. They've started pushing appearances in television series as well. IIRC, nearly all of the watches shown on Jack Ryan are Hamilton. I think both he and Greer wear X-Wind chronographs.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hamilton-watches-extensive-cameos-film/

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a cheap leather strap for my Carrera this week and just installed it. I am thinking about ordering an authentic Tag clasp and finding a supple black leather strap that is XL length with 19mm end links. It will probably have to be a custom job or whatnot, but I wanted to see if I liked it first. I kinda prefer leather over bracelets with a black dial on a dress watch. Just something different I guess.

I think it looks sharp. Light too.
View attachment 369290
View attachment 369291
View attachment 369292
Yep Sharp Looking !

Latest posts

Top Bottom