Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that pre or post 1991?

Is that pre or post 1991?

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/resources/rolex-start-using-sapphire-crystal.html
Beautiful watch, I don't have a gold one (yet).

Currently I have replaced two sapphire crystals on two separate watches, one had a chip that broke off an edge, another had a full length scratch across the face. Their not cheap, on my Citizen it will cost $125 for the crystal, and a little more for the polishing job.
Pre

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So none of my business and I’ve been tempted to as well but are any of you guys going into debt to buy these great watches? I was trying to tell myself how some of them increase in value as my justification for considering it but the truth is it was just my wanting it more than I wanted not to be in debt. I’m still resisting the urge to just “go look” at BC Clark.
Nah. I'm just the world's greatest procrastinator. Finished my taxes at 2am yesterday. Instead of owing as I'd feared I'm getting a small refund. Plus I have the unspent Pelagos funds.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a cheap leather strap for my Carrera this week and just installed it. I am thinking about ordering an authentic Tag clasp and finding a supple black leather strap that is XL length with 19mm end links. It will probably have to be a custom job or whatnot, but I wanted to see if I liked it first. I kinda prefer leather over bracelets with a black dial on a dress watch. Just something different I guess.

I think it looks sharp. Light too.
1681928370544.png

1681928391887.png

1681928410861.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So none of my business and I’ve been tempted to as well but are any of you guys going into debt to buy these great watches? I was trying to tell myself how some of them increase in value as my justification for considering it but the truth is it was just my wanting it more than I wanted not to be in debt. I’m still resisting the urge to just “go look” at BC Clark.

Nobody should go into debt buying a watch. To be honest, there's too many good choices in all price tiers.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interstellar. The Murph and this one. I've never watched the movie and it's gotten pretty bad reviews, but it did give both watches a cult like following.

I have the 42mm Khaki Field because of Captain America. His was on a brown strap though.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hamilton-watches-movie-interstellar/

The Murph is definitely my favorite out of it and Matthew McConaughey's "Coop". At some point, I'll pick up one in 38mm.

IMO...the movie wasn't terrible. I kind of enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom