Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JLC Reverse next time I go to Vegas.
Yep, a Reverso is on the short list. I tried one on last year while in Vegas. The store in my hotel was a JLC dealer and I pretended that I had the cash on hand to buy one (haha). I also got to play with an IWC Portugieser. Tough call between the two. IWC was slightly less horrendously expensive, but they are both bucket list watches.

Of course they also had some high end Patek Phillippe's and even a few A. Lange & Söhne. I just stood there and drooled. The craftsmanship on the A. Lange is arguably above the top end of Patek. Skilled hands indeed making those watches.

Last edited:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Citizen-Promaster-Dive-Automatic-NY0155-58X-Lume-Dial-Fugo-2.jpglume.JPG

Citizen promaster fugu dive. its the same as the watch in the photo. its the first watch ive ever bought really i can recall, and i feel like i paid way to damn much for it. got it from helzberg diamonds in the mall for about 550$. i googled it and made sure i wasnt overpaying. thats about what it goes for retail. but its a automatic mechanical watch so i never have to buy batterys for it ever. plus for only being glow in the dark, its about as bright as my tritium night sights on my hand gun. wish they made more stylish tritium watches that didnt sell for 1000's. i know smith and wesson made one, but im not about to wear a watch made by a gun mfg personally. i just think tritium is surperior to these glow in the dark faced watches. but man o man, this one really really glows.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 413936View attachment 413937

Citizen promaster fugu dive. its the same as the watch in the photo. its the first watch ive ever bought really i can recall, and i feel like i paid way to damn much for it. got it from helzberg diamonds in the mall for about 550$. i googled it and made sure i wasnt overpaying. thats about what it goes for retail. but its a automatic mechanical watch so i never have to buy batterys for it ever. plus for only being glow in the dark, its about as bright as my tritium night sights on my hand gun. wish they made more stylish tritium watches that didnt sell for 1000's. i know smith and wesson made one, but im not about to wear a watch made by a gun mfg personally. i just think tritium is surperior to these glow in the dark faced watches. but man o man, this one really really glows.
Full lume dial. I dig it!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old watches - I've never found a good place
New watches - BC Clark for the expensive stuff, Huntington Jewelers for normal human priced watches. The one in South OKC has a decent selection. Other's may chime in on better places. I'm just not aware as most of mine are bought as project watches online any more (with 1 recent exception).

I'm going to be in Tulsa for most of the day tomorrow. I'd like to ask you the same question!
What about watches etc? I’ve never been but if someone wants used Rolexes

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 413936View attachment 413937

That's a really good looking piece. I don't know what you wanna spend or what you consider stylish, but Luminox sells sub $1k tritium watches, and the one I have I love. They aren't exactly super pretty, and some are downright ugly, but they have a decent collection and its affordable. Link to mine, its not produced anymore:
https://www.chrono24.com/luminox/luminox-atacama-field-lm1925-mens-watch--id18811576.htm
Marathon General Purpose Automatic (GPM) is an option if you want something smaller, like 34mm.
https://www.marathonwatch.com/produ...nical-with-tritium-gpm?variant=32283960410154
Nite Watches are supposed to be good, and they look pretty nice too.
https://us.nitewatches.com/collections/store/products/mx10201t25green

Latest posts

Top Bottom