Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 413936View attachment 413937

Citizen promaster fugu dive. its the same as the watch in the photo. its the first watch ive ever bought really i can recall, and i feel like i paid way to damn much for it. got it from helzberg diamonds in the mall for about 550$. i googled it and made sure i wasnt overpaying. thats about what it goes for retail. but its a automatic mechanical watch so i never have to buy batterys for it ever. plus for only being glow in the dark, its about as bright as my tritium night sights on my hand gun. wish they made more stylish tritium watches that didnt sell for 1000's. i know smith and wesson made one, but im not about to wear a watch made by a gun mfg personally. i just think tritium is surperior to these glow in the dark faced watches. but man o man, this one really really glows.

Tritium Versus Lume...

Tritium will stop glowing after a decade or so, then either throw the watch away if you need it for night use or get it re lumed, which for my Ball I expect it to be expensive, 19 tritium glow tubes.

Super luminova or luminova or lumibrite I have many that are as old as 20 years, and are still very visible after 4 and 5 hours in the dark. I like Super Luminova over tritium. For guns though I like tritium, since one does not always leave their gun in sunlight. Replacing one or two capsules is relatively cheap and readily done.

Really want lume? I have an old cheap radium dialed pocket watch that still glows dimly after 100 years, the watch still works too! Problem is not all radium paints were made the same, some "burned" the dial or crystal, flaked off or the paint "burned" to the point that it no longer glows.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs dlbleak is wearing her newest acquisition. A Seiko Delica from December of 1974. It’s her favorite color and the dial looks almost like a foil leaf.
485805FF-BF80-4A56-8646-41665C2004B0.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 414552
Been wearing this all week. Someday, I might actually set the date on a watch.

Beautiful watch, like Alpinas. I have an older Swiss day date, very difficult to set, and I have heard it accelerates wear. Really want a difficult date to set? Get a Breitling Date Chronograph like the Navitimer. It gets little wrist time. Think the last time the date was correct was at a high school class reunion this summer. my thumb and index finger are still sore from the small crown.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful watch, like Alpinas. I have an older Swiss day date, very difficult to set, and I have heard it accelerates wear. Really want a difficult date to set? Get a Breitling Date Chronograph like the Navitimer. It gets little wrist time. Think the last time the date was correct was at a high school class reunion this summer. my thumb and index finger are still sore from the small crown.
Ya, I don’t know what the deal is with Breitling and the small crowns? Part of the reason I quit wearing my Chronomat is it’s hard to set with sausage fingers

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dates aren’t difficult to set on any of my watches. I just don’t bother spending the extra time. Never needed to look at a watch to know the date, or what the day of the week is…. They are eventually right for a little bit :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom