Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20240403_201257.jpg

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to have an old friend back. This was my daily wear for years. I finally found a replacement band for it that I like. Uhr Kraft, supposedly German. I dove this watch a few times, I believe that the 300 meter rating is legit. Next project is to try to polish the scratches off the crystal.
IMG_0970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an interesting one you don’t see every day. It’s a Hyperbar System dive watch. The case is filled with non-conductive oil. The liquid filling renders the watch absolutely waterproof. The face states the watch was pressure tested to 12500 meters, which I believe is the deepest known point in the ocean. The air bubble you see in the picture is to provide space for the oil to expand with temperature. Cross your fingers for me, I need to change the battery in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an interesting one you don’t see every day. It’s a Hyperbar System dive watch. The case is filled with non-conductive oil. The liquid filling renders the watch absolutely waterproof. The face states the watch was pressure tested to 12500 meters, which I believe is the deepest known point in the ocean. The air bubble you see in the picture is to provide space for the oil to expand with temperature. Cross your fingers for me, I need to change the battery in it.
That watch is very kewl. Sinn Has oil filled watches, never seen one. Apparently Most are Quartz Movements, since the oil requires the watch hands to generate more torque. I have seen some youtubers oil fill casio's as well. Nice Find!

Here is My Grail Watch, it is oil filled as well and mechanical:

https://ressencewatches.com/pages/type-3

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom