Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, all these new fancy watches being shown off....... Here's something a bit different. Jerome Piquot - 1953. I restored the case and rebuilt the movement. Kept the dial and hands untouched, even with the tiny bit of missing lume on the hour hand. The indices on the dial are not raised, but rather cut into the brass dial, then plated and polished.

View attachment 345990
Ya, you need to sell that to me. Not even kidding. PM me. I also need you to polish the crystal on my Datejust if you can.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Removed the bracelet on the Ranger to try out some strap options. Today it's a B&R suede NATO (camel color).

20230205_162508.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have fewer watches since this thread was started! haha. That will hopefully change soon, but there is an HK45 I found on sale for a great price that really has me in a pickle at the moment! I posted this to show it off a little, not sure what I'd even ask for it if I were to sell it.

Regarding your Rolex crystal, if it is acrylic the scratches can be removed and it will take a polish. If it is sapphire, there isn't much to be done outside of replacing it. There are very tough diamond impregnated compounds that can be used to polish sapphire, but I don't have any of those. So rarely are sapphire crystals scratched up that they require polishing, I've never had the need to go down that road.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Removed the bracelet on the Ranger to try out some strap options. Today it's a B&R suede NATO (camel color).

View attachment 345993
No matter how hard I try, I just can't get a NATO to work with my wrist. I've lost about 30 pounds in the last year and I need a joke halfway between two. It's either too loose or too tight and mid afternoon, its so loose it spins.

Sucks as I have some pretty nice NATO's too

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter how hard I try, I just can't get a NATO to work with my wrist. I've lost about 30 pounds in the last year and I need a joke halfway between two. It's either too loose or too tight and mid afternoon, its so loose it spins.

Sucks as I have some pretty nice NATO's too

NATO fit and comfort is completely hit or miss for me. I've had to waste more money trying out straps than I care to count before finding a couple brands that fit well. Depending on the strap brand or the watch, I am between adjustment holes more often than not. That's why I started purchasing MN straps from Erika's. You get a perfect fit 100% of the time, regardless of whether your wrist shrinks or swells throughout the day. They're not cheap at $85+, but it's money well spent rather than on 3 or 4 NATO's that don't get worn.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have fewer watches since this thread was started! haha. That will hopefully change soon, but there is an HK45 I found on sale for a great price that really has me in a pickle at the moment! I posted this to show it off a little, not sure what I'd even ask for it if I were to sell it.

Regarding your Rolex crystal, if it is acrylic the scratches can be removed and it will take a polish. If it is sapphire, there isn't much to be done outside of replacing it. There are very tough diamond impregnated compounds that can be used to polish sapphire, but I don't have any of those. So rarely are sapphire crystals scratched up that they require polishing, I've never had the need to go down that road.
Just saw this and I’d already sent that PM…I’m the guy that can actually scratch the sapphire crystal…I polish the acrylic in my OP all the time. But the poor Datejust is looking bad. I’m gonna have to just buy a crystal. I should also buy a different everyday watch.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I only own 4 watches. Uncle Joe has asked me to confiscate 1 from each person who has posted in this thread. Let’s start with whoever owns watches but no guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom