Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Sub because of the legacy of the thing and would love to have a GMT for the same reason and think that there are a ton of other folks that feel the same way. I also agree though that a lot of Rolex owners buy them simply because of the name. If they were really looking for a quality tool watch they could get an Omega, Tudor, or any one of 100 brands that perform as well or better for a fraction of the price But don’t because they enjoy telling/showing people they have a Rolex.

That said, this is a pic thread so here’s my choice for the day…. the only HK branded Laco Flieger I’ve ever seen In person. This was a special edition co-branded watch only sold in Europe 10-20 years ago. It’s an amalgamation of standard Laco parts that basically allow them to build a nice quality price point watch. Interestingly, from what I have been told, Laco was the first company to really do co-branded watches simply for advertising purposes. I am aware of several other brands that partnered with retailers such as Rolex and Omega but the German brand was the first to offer their own watch with non-affiliated companies branding.

Attachments

• F738207E-2EF4-4FC7-BCA7-A58CA41FCBD7.jpeg
    F738207E-2EF4-4FC7-BCA7-A58CA41FCBD7.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a Sub because of the legacy of the thing and would love to have a GMT for the same reason and think that there are a ton of other folks that feel the same way. I also agree though that a lot of Rolex owners buy them simply because of the name. If they were really looking for a quality tool watch they could get an Omega, Tudor, or any one of 100 brands that perform as well or better for a fraction of the price But don’t because they enjoy telling/showing people they have a Rolex.

That said, this is a pic thread so here’s my choice for the day…. the only HK branded Laco Flieger I’ve ever seen In person. This was a special edition co-branded watch only sold in Europe 10-20 years ago. It’s an amalgamation of standard Laco parts that basically allow them to build a nice quality price point watch. Interestingly, from what I have been told, Laco was the first company to really do co-branded watches simply for advertising purposes. I am aware of several other brands that partnered with retailers such as Rolex and Omega but the German brand was the first to offer their own watch with non-affiliated companies branding.
One of my favorite watch brands and favorite gun manufacturers. If you ever decide you want to sell it, I call first dibbs!!! Cool watch.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m bigger than Thor, and actually have a beard unlike this “Thor” poser… I think I should get first dibs ;)
Notice I'm 'thor', not 'Thor'. Not a pronoun. You may be taller, but you're not bigger. I'm wider, and know how to use it. I get first dibbs over a @El Pablo, firstly for not making grammatical errors, and secondly because I actually called it first!!!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stop it already! I basically ordered that color combo in 42mm but with the black and orange strap.
😜

If you work the system right, you can get really good deals paying in pounds vs dollars if the pound is down. I saved about 90 bucks when I bought mine.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, all these new fancy watches being shown off....... Here's something a bit different. Jerome Piquot - 1953. I restored the case and rebuilt the movement. Kept the dial and hands untouched, even with the tiny bit of missing lume on the hour hand. The indices on the dial are not raised, but rather cut into the brass dial, then plated and polished.

1675635131735.png

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, all these new fancy watches being shown off....... Here's something a bit different. Jerome Piquot - 1953. I restored the case and rebuilt the movement. Kept the dial and hands untouched, even with the tiny bit of missing lume on the hour hand. The indices on the dial are not raised, but rather cut into the brass dial, then plated and polished.

View attachment 345990
I like the vintage watches a lot. That has a leftover Art Deco look. I dig it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom