Which wheels for my pick-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm wanting new wheels for my pick-up, which ones should I pick?

• Black, it's all the rage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stick with chrome, all this black stuff is a passing fad

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Black with milled trim, all the cool factor of black, with added flash

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Stick with the stock wheels, no need in getting uppity

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got 20" chrome wheels for my black Tahoe. Not as big and ugly as stupid 22s or 24s. Still rides plenty well, looks much better. I wanted black, but when I started playing with the wheel design programs online, the black just did NOT look right. Ended up with chrome.

Now... my chrome is getting ******, all pitted, some rust inside the spokes and some areas it's starting to bubble off. :( Gonna have to replace them. I think they're 6 years old. <sigh> :censored:

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got 20" chrome wheels for my black Tahoe. Not as big and ugly as stupid 22s or 24s. Still rides plenty well, looks much better. I wanted black, but when I started playing with the wheel design programs online, the black just did NOT look right. Ended up with chrome.

Now... my chrome is getting ******, all pitted, some rust inside the spokes and some areas it's starting to bubble off. :( Gonna have to replace them. I think they're 6 years old. <sigh> :censored:

Should have gone with:
i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_nightowl2255_OSA31_zps5xc8bwu3.jpg

Just give em a little sanding and they're like new.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Take them and have them sand/soda blasted...than paint them whatever color suits you....wood grain ...anyone.... ;)

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every d bag with a lifted truck and big tires and a monster sticker get rockstar and xd wheels. That tends to make me dislike them.
Indeed... I kind like some of the XDs. Was looking at new rims today online and those have grown on me. Sad they're so associated with the redneck dbags.

As for having my chrome wheel sandblasted and redone, I don't know that it would be cost-effective. I mean... I would have to have them all taken off and broken down, then carry to the sandblasting place, however long that takes, then take them and have them rechromed - not sure how much this would cost, at all. Or have them powdercoated or something. I'd also probably need to find new centercaps. This might be the most difficult part, as I don't even know the manufacturer of my wheels - I got them from some place in Tulsa and I think they've gone out of business since, so I can't go back to the shop. The centercaps are plastic, so they wouldn't be amenable to sandblasting and recoating, I wouldn't think? I don't know for sure, though...

I'm thinking this whole process (if I could get the centercaps replaced or refinished), would put me at a minimum of half the cost of new wheels, maybe as much as 2/3 or more?

If anyone's got experience with this, I'm all ears.

Latest posts

Top Bottom