Who has considered or actually changed political parties over the past couple years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents were democrats. At the time the Military Draft was in effect, you had to be 21 to vote.

So, I couldn't vote for or against the folks that decided to send me to war at 18 years old. The law changed to 18 when I was in the crap.

My first vote was as a republican in a muddy foxhole with an absentee ballot that my parents sent me.

Its changed since then, but the Military vote is still late getting to the count.

If I remember right, one of the Presidential elections "lost" a lot of the military votes. I can't remember which.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Registered 'R" so I could vote, but I seriously hate both parties. The Ultra Neo-Nazi "Christians" Tea douches really get under my skin.

This comes up a lot. What do you mean "so I could vote"? You don't have to be registered in either of Oklahoma's recognized parties to vote in any election except for the specific party primary.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went from apathetic/uninvolved to active Democrat between the 2012 Republican primaries and now. I don't like the current Democratic party, but I view it as the only defense against the insanity the GOP has become. I can elaborate on several issues that directly affect me later if you'd like.

Before you make a snarky comment, just remember that the GOP came pretty damn close to putting a guy in the White House who believes Christ is coming back (part-time) to the outskirts of Kansas City, Missouri based on the word of a 24-year old known con man and who peddled a bicycle around Southern France in a cheap suit during the height of the Vietnam war and whose wife compared it to the service of thousands of men and women killed and injured in Vietnam and the Middle East and once tried to humanize her husband by telling America he was sad when she had a serious disease.

The GOP should have been thrown out with the bathwater when they elected a guy who once co-starred with a Chimpanzee in a comedic film titled "Bedtime for Bonzo" to the highest office in the land. Twice. Ya'll need to throw some actual men in the running for me to take you seriously. I thought liberals were supposed to be the pusssies?

Although I support a lot of what the D's stand for, especially when it comes to allowing a person to do as they please with their own bodies. I cannot get on board with their constant attack on the middle class and the wealthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom