Who has considered or actually changed political parties over the past couple years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be a far-right Christian conservative Republican. My time in the military helped me leave my sheltered views and adopt a far more centrist/liberty-oriented political opinion. The left calls me a right winger, the right calls me a left winger. I call both blinded by ideology.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Ohio, where I could actually vote Libertarian, I did so. Can't wait until I can do that here.

Then again, I think we should have open primaries, where I can vote for the person I think would do the best job in each office without regard to party affiliation.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Ohio, where I could actually vote Libertarian, I did so. Can't wait until I can do that here.

Then again, I think we should have open primaries, where I can vote for the person I think would do the best job in each office without regard to party affiliation.

Don't hold your breath. The D/R Machine has a stranglehold on OK politics. :(

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RJ Harris is the best bet here.

Also, hello fellow Buckeye.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the verge of abandoning the Republican party and going full-retard Libertarian.

I'd switch to independent but in Oklahoma you can't vote in primary's and lots of important state questions get put up for a vote before the "general" elections.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd switch to independent but in Oklahoma you can't vote in primary's and lots of important state questions get put up for a vote before the "general" elections.

You can still vote on the questions.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You can still vote on the questions.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Your party affiliation has nothing to do with state questions. I like GTG's idea about uncontested elections...if you don't have a challenger in the General Election you should still be required to get more than 50% of the vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom