Who has considered or actually changed political parties over the past couple years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I support a lot of what the D's stand for, especially when it comes to allowing a person to do as they please with their own bodies. I cannot get on board with their constant attack on the middle class and the wealthy.

Gotcha. Wealthy I won't touch - but for middle class attacks - I think the GOP wages a bigger war there. Republicans have a bunch of poor southern voters that will die poor - one day of hard work away from becoming a millionaire. They have them convinced of that.

For me the fact the Republicans have re-upped their financially wasteful and scary war on Roe v. Wade in a huge way is enough to keep me running forever. It's one issue that hits a little close to home for me.

I think abandoning the theoretical social ******** is gonna be the Republican's only hope in years to come. I don't trust that they'll do anything but be a little quieter about it, though.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/13/nev-gop-chair-if-we-fight-each-other-theyve-won/?page=all

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, as much as it doesn't matter, that is the worst thing we can do, because when we don't vote, they still win.

I hear ya. I think I posted this somewhere else but I seem to be out-voted every single solitary time. Not complaining about the system, mind you, because it's the best one in the world. However, the majority of this country seems to want to go in a different direction than me, that's all.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotcha. Wealthy I won't touch - but for middle class attacks - I think the GOP wages a bigger war there. Republicans have a bunch of poor southern voters that will die poor - one day of hard work away from becoming a millionaire. They have them convinced of that.

For me the fact the Republicans have re-upped their financially wasteful and scary war on Roe v. Wade in a huge way is enough to keep me running forever. It's one issue that hits a little close to home for me.

I think abandoning the theoretical social ******** is gonna be the Republican's only hope in years to come. I don't trust that they'll do anything but be a little quieter about it, though.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/13/nev-gop-chair-if-we-fight-each-other-theyve-won/?page=all

Roe v Wade should be a dead issue, if the people want to campaign against it fine, let them rally and sport bumper stickers all they want....BUT no federal dollars should be used to fund organizations or clinics that provide or encourage abortions.

I can't get past the democrats wanting to give away our rights to the world rather than follow an "outdated" constitution.

I find the Robin Hood mentality of the party disgusting . I'm not a millionaire yet, but I'm a helluva a lot closer than I ever imagined. I'm truly concerned that the bleeding heart party wants to take that away from me and guess what....I am that poor sap from the south that has always been convinced that I'm one hard day of work away from being a millionaire.

I absolutely despise what the democrats have done and are doing to health insurance. The money the republicans have wasted trying to overturn R v W will pale in comparison to what the democrats will waste trying to dictate health care.

The republicans are completely retarded when it comes to human contribution to climate change.

The democrats are completely retarded when it comes to national defense.

Both parties are completely retarded when it comes to the war on drugs.

Both parties have refused to take any action to stop the flow of illegal immigrants from the south.

LI like the personal freedoms that the democrats claim to support, but they turn around and contradict those claims by pushing for bigger government.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out as a republican then was disgusted by them and became a democrat but was disgusted by them and became a republican but they were even worse than before so back to the democrats but recent attacks on the second amendment means I can't support them either. So now I guess I'm a born again independent because the two other options are both cancerous for this great nation.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was registered Independent at first... well, I put Libertarian, but of course the only parties OK recognizes are D's and R's, so it came back Independent. I then registered Republican so I could vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. I have since de-registered. As easy as it is to get registered to vote, you would be surprised at how hard it can be to get them to take your name OFF the roles... it took some serious pestering, and generated some confused responses from the bureaucrats. I'm thinking of putting together a de-registration rally sometime soon. Anybody interested?

Latest posts

Top Bottom