Who has the oldest reloads (your own)? I shot some of mine today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
over 21 years ago I made that crappy ammo
smiley_abused.gif

shot fine thoughold ammo.jpg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see you also use (or used) HS-6 for 9mm. I typically use 115gn RN from RMR, and have loaded 5-6000 so far, Makes really good range ammo.

This week i shot some 38 special 158 gn L RN I loaded in 2006. Shot just fine but I would like to think that all the money I have spent on reloading presses and other gear that I make better ammo now.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have a box of 165gr Nosler Ballistic tips I stuck in some 30/30 cases to either use as a first round or single shot in a 94. Fast for what they are and got them to hit in the same place as a 170gr flat nose. Made those in 2003 or 19yrs ago. Close but no cigar.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see you also use (or used) HS-6 for 9mm. I typically use 115gn RN from RMR, and have loaded 5-6000 so far, Makes really good range ammo.

This week i shot some 38 special 158 gn L RN I loaded in 2006. Shot just fine but I would like to think that all the money I have spent on reloading presses and other gear that I make better ammo now.

I like it. I usually just buy what is cheapest at the (per round). For range blasting ammo cost is my primary driver. I'm not going for sub MOA with 9mm at 10-50 yards.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot some 12 ga skeet loads a couple weeks ago that I loaded sometime in the mid 90’s, and they shot and cycled my old Benelli that I bought in the mid 90’s just fine. :thumb:

I shot some 270 Win loads a few weeks ago that were probably close to 20 years old, and though they shot fine, I was a little nervous.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One night 1980-81, when I was working at one of Boeing's remote facilities in Renton, I had almost nothing to do so I primed about 800 38 Special cases up, and about 30 years later, they were loaded with Winchester 231 powder and 125v gr lead truncated cone bullets. The recoil was very mild but the few I have shot have all went 'bang'.

That was about ten years ago,

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got some 12 guage shells I probably loaded in the mid 80's. I'm not likely to ever shoot them.
Shoot ‘em. I found one of the 200 round plastic boxes of 12 ga ammo loaded from a $25 Lee loader in the 80’s a couple years ago behind some stuff.
Unique powder in the old formulation that was really dirty, but they shot just fine. Used them during a dove season.
Also shot a few paper hulled shotshells this year I got in a trade. No clue how old they were but they shot just like new shells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom