Who has the oldest reloads (your own)? I shot some of mine today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
over 21 years ago I made that crappy ammo
smiley_abused.gif

shot fine thoughView attachment 248020
I bought 5 cans (192 rounds) of LC- M-2 ball 30/06 made in 1967 to shoot in my Garrand in DCM matches back in the mid 80's and shot several hundred and reloaded maybe 200 of them at the same time but have not fired any since then. I have 27 rounds of 45/70's that I have no idea how old they are that my grandfather left me along with a Springfield trap door that he acquired back in 1933 but my oldest ammo that I reloaded myself would be a little over 100 rounds of 25/06 I made in 1970 and just recently found in storage, the gun has been gone since 1982 but at the time I was in transit and I couldn't find the ammo to give to the buyer. I also have a box (19 -1 rounds) of Remington made 348 Winchester ammo unfired in it's original box, I was told that Remington quit making ammo for this caliber in the 1950's

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reloading is absolutely and without doubt my favorite hobby. first load was a 150Gr Sierra soft point spitzer in 30-06 with a Winchester LR Primer. Powder was IMR4895. Don't remember the powder weight since I was using was the scoop that came in the boxed Lee Loader Hammer Style! That was in 1962. Others I have in my powder safe include a .357 Mag Large primer pocket that was loaded by my grandfather who passed away in 1961. From him I inherited Shot Shells, Lead, Bee's Wax, Hundreds of LC military Brass and guns. One of the guns one is a .25 Caliber Ortgies pistol. It had been my grandmothers who carried it as a CCW since she worked at a local Hospital and arrived in the random wee hours of the day. I will still shoot but for now it resides on a zip lock bag with a few packs of desiccant and gets a full Takedown, cleaning and re-assembly just before Christmas. That was in the 50's. I also received my first rifle from Papa when I was born (1951). It was a Winchester model 61 chambered for. 22 Short, Long and Long Rifle. As the tradition goes, I had the honor of presenting that gun to my Grandson when He was born. Sorry I got of track here but it's safe to say I do have some old ones and I do shoot them occasionally, but that .357 will never be shot. It still connects me to my Papa.

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You boys are too Young….I opened and used a flat of primers couple of months ago that wee marked $.89 and they worked. I have some 38 special wadcutters and 357 service loads that are marked December 1967 that are in good shape. I tried some last year and still go BANG. Also have a can or two of 5.56 Military Viet Nam era and a can each f 45ACP and 7.62….all pre 1967. Also have unopened powder, Unique, Bullseye, and 2400 just as old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom