Who is your candidate for Republican President TODAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say I've married myself to any of them yet. I enjoy listening to Trump telling the whole planet to f**k off, but I really don't think he's viable/all that serious. In short, I don't trust him yet.

I like Carson, but I don't trust him on guns. Sure, I'll check the links above, but it's hard for me to accept the notion that gun rights are dependent on where you live (that's my perhaps premature understanding of his position).

But in the end, it's not:
Hillary
Joe
Bernie

Or frankly, anyone with a "D" by their name. While I'll probably never agree with any particular candidate 100%, I am more comfortable with the Republican party platform. I just don't trust Dems with my gun rights.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carson for me...he has addressed the 2nd amendment issues and is extremely clear about his intentions. He does not believe in infringement and I believe what he says.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ted Cruz . No one better saying what they mean since the very beginning than him.

Its VERY Funny how some have changed their tune.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted Cruz . No one better saying what they mean since the very beginning than him.

Its VERY Funny how some have changed their tune.

I personally think Trump has it sewed up. A political pundit said the other day it would take a miracle for him to not get the nomination.

I said months ago that I really liked Walker, but I think he is waiting in the wings for Trump to fail, and that strategy might very well fail for him and others.

Cruz has always been a fire brand and has jumped into the fray with both feet. I like him too.

Botman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe anything a politician says, but I have to say Trump has balls with some of the things he says even if they might be lies. He knows how to run a business maybe he can run a country. My vote didn't count in the last 2 elections anyway lol. I'll have to study up a bit on them all before I go vote though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thankyou Blinocac. I really wish you guys would do your due diligence on Carson, he readily admits he's changed his position after learning about the issue and that he was wrong.

I don't know....

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: "There's a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons."
But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that.

Today in Nashville, Carson set out to dispel any doubts. “This isn’t any evolution of my views, just that I’ve learned how to express myself,” he said, to a seemingly sympathetic chuckling from the audience.

Doesn't sound to me like there was any difficulty expressing the viewpoint. He was quite clear that he only thought loners who lived out in the boonies around no one else should be allowed to own semi-automatics. That doesn't sound promising to me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom