who shoots hard cast in .40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tell me about it? I know about polygonal rifling and such. Can get bayou bullets by the 1000/$100 or tjconevera has plated for $110 or so. Thoughts? Bayou shipping is flat $15 up to 70lbs or about 3000 bullets.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot some coated bullets (from SnS casting) with good luck. I've read that you can push them faster w/o issues, and wondered if they would have leading issues from a Glock...but I use Lone wolf barrels. We worked up accurate loads with them, didnt chronograph but it was just a mid range load.
Ive not shot through 1k of them yet, and I've used 2 different guns to do it, but I've also seen concern on the net about the coating being deposited in the barrel and it requiring an abrasive to remove.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran hard cast in my HK USP 45c with poly rifling and had no problems. Now the glock on the other hand has toes... I used aftermarket barrels on my glocks to shoot reloads, not having anything to do with the bullet, more because of the unsupported chamber ramp area. Work hardening brass by resizing opens your shooting experience up to a possible glock kaboom if the brass blows out over the feed ramp. I had problems with softer alloys in the HK, but the really hard cast stuff and J&K's hard cast worked fine for me.

Morpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used cast from h&h they worked fine in my 23c. I haven't noticed any leading or wax build up in the comepesator. I also haven't seen the bulge brass some people talk about either they seem normal. My next ones will come from j&k since I can get them in north okc. Cast work great in my mac10 45 as well

Last edited:

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot and load lead ... 170gr from J&k 41.00 for 500, I shoot 180s from h and h I think that was 52.00 for 500, and 140gr from h and h 37.00 for 500, I shoot beretta 96, glock 22, glock 20 in 10mm but I'll load my 10mm high for fun

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot 180 grain BBI (Black Bullets International) in my S&W .40.

They use J&M Specialty Products P/L HI-TEK Lube as the primary coating instead of the sealed moly base coating that some other coated bullet manufacturers use.

I've been very satisfied with them shooting USPSA on weekends. No leading, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom