Wanted to thin my weapons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just have too much stuff.
I am not angry about anything just thinking if a guy was to bug out or if I had a choice of what gun to get a job done what would it be.

The recent Horse I had to put down with 1 very well placed shot made me open my eyes as to what rifle in a bad situation would I choose.
It was my 18" savage heavy barrel .308 that was chosen.

Not that I think I will ever need to bug out.

I do have way too much yard /shed stuff. I will have a guy sale soon.
Heck I even have 2 perfectly working boats and had 4 boats one time.
I like the 2 I have.

I think I have nearly 60 carburetors and had over 300 at one time.
Crazy.

You must be outta room in that backyard! I like your backyard!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to sell off some rifles or handguns and got them out and trying to decide which ones need to go
as I want to keep the calibers I like .243-.308-30-06 and .223 then I was thinking I have 2 of the Swedish mausers 6.5x55 and just like the scoped one best with the bent handle and drilled receiver best.

That brings the scope back farther like a regular day rifle.
I should keep the other one for parts. Or maybe trade the straight bolt for a bent one to someone and maybe etc etc.

6.5 creedmoor yea I do not care for that so much and sell it ..then thought I cut the barrel down and man I found a great load for it and shoots tight groups at 200 yards easy and the short barrel swings nicely and I have the good stash of 6.5 bullets.

Darn it how about the 40 S&W Hi-Point carbine and pistol.
EEEEHHHHH I made an ammo can full of ammo for those and my buddy also shoots 40.
And maybe when my grandson gets a bit older he may love plinking cans with that carbine.
Great starter rifle or the 30-06 or .308 with cast loads.

2 30-06 ATR rifles that shoot lights out. I just need one. I probably gift the other to my Daughter-in-law as she loved shooting it. She is 6 foot 200+ lb of tom boy.

On to the 12 gauges. Maybe I have too many I cycled the 2 pumps. Yea I need those maybe the grandson will need one.
I have a bolt JC Higgins 12 maybe that one can go.
Wait I have not even shot it and it is old and has a screw in the wood stock.. may not be reliable.

Looks like my weapons will not get thinned.
I kind of like them and some will make good gifts.

Not a thought in my head about getting rid of the 45ACP or 357 Magnums.

Do you guys get this way?
I actually buy them knowing they will be handed down to the boys……..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No they are not.
I can't believe how accurate these things shoot for having a barrel all wrapped in wood.
Way more velocity than that wannabe Creedmoor

I loved my 6.5x55. Accurate, light weight, little recoil. After it disappeared, I replaced with a .260 Remington. Identical ballistics and uses .308/.243 family brass.

The CManbun was never a consideration. Seemed like buying a 4 cyl Mustang.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to sell off some rifles or handguns and got them out and trying to decide which ones need to go
as I want to keep the calibers I like .243-.308-30-06 and .223 then I was thinking I have 2 of the Swedish mausers 6.5x55 and just like the scoped one best with the bent handle and drilled receiver best.

I should keep the other one for parts. Or maybe trade the straight bolt for a bent one to someone and maybe etc etc.

6.5 creedmoor yea I do not care for that so much and sell it ..then thought I cut the barrel down and man I found a great load for it and shoots tight groups at 200 yards easy and the short barrel swings nicely and I have the good stash of 6.5 bullets.

EEEEHHHHH I made an ammo can full of ammo for those and my buddy also shoots 40.
And maybe when my grandson gets a bit older he may love plinking cans with that carbine.

2 30-06 ATR rifles that shoot lights out. I just need one. I probably gift the other to my Daughter-in-law as she loved shooting it. She is 6 foot 200+ lb of tom boy.

On to the 12 gauges. Maybe I have too many I cycled the 2 pumps. Yea I need those maybe the grandson will need one.
Wait I have not even shot it and it is old and has a screw in the wood stock.. may not be reliable.

Never got rid of one that I didn’t miss

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I often look at my "collection" of .22s and think, "There's no way I'm actually going to use all of these, and they take up so much space. I should sell some." But then the moment of insanity passes and I go back to thinking like it's Pokemon cards. (I gotta catch 'em all....)
I'm the same way. Just can't have too many 22's. I probably have half dozen I've never shot.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

You just thinned the herd by realizing they will become gifts and new adventures you and the new recipients can enjoy together. They will no longer be part of your stable and under your care but still be in the herd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom