Who wants to go Long Range shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested in this as well, but it sounds like you are probably full up already. Besides, getting off work would be a big question mark right now.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ine process of building a 6.5 Grendel for this exact reason, so if you do this again I'm definitely in!

or

Maybe we can have some people who can do the same thing here in OKC.

QTRMOA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ine process of building a 6.5 Grendel for this exact reason, so if you do this again I'm definitely in!

The 6.5 Grendel is a very versatile weapon system that will be a great long range semi with low recoil and built on a great platform.

I think we may have two spots left. (Ez Bake is GTG)
If you don't mind PM'ing me and letting me know if you are able to make it I will put you on the list.
We may try and run 10 guys if we can get one of our buddies to give us a hand.

Ideally we would like to see someday a sort of "3 Gun" type match at Red Castle or OKC Gun Club where we could utilize pistol, carbine and long gun. Similar to the "Practical Rifle Match" they have at Oil Capitol.

I know a few of you guys would like to attend but Monday's are hard to get ask off. The main reason is that we will probably have the range to ourselves on a Monday as compared to a Saturday or Sunday.

If anyone has a few hundred acres they are willing to lease I am sure we could work something out.:thumbup3:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone want to go in on some ammo for this trip?

I'm looking to pick up 300 or so rounds of Federal Match (was possibly thinking of Winchester's Match on ammoman.com) anyways and I figured that if someone else wanted to go in on some, I'd just get 500 or more rounds.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your going to tie up the range more than the 2 hr limit and doing classroom type stuff you should probably run it past the board of directors first or at least the president.
since you say "no Charge" there should be no problem except, that somebody might call up and ***** if they want to shoot and you've got the range tied up.

the reason I mention this is several members who worked for another range (I won't mention the name) held unauthorized classes and lost their memberships BUT! they were charging for the class.
Play it safe and run it past the Pres.
I'll mark my calendar to be out there working that day so maybe I can help if you have a problem with somebody.

QTRMOA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to thank Red Castle for letting us shoot this class next Monday. If any of you are not yet members I would highly recommend joining the club. I believe that the initial dues are $290 and aprox. $90 yearly thereafter. Which is a great price for one of the nicest clubs in the Midwest.

For those planning on shooting with us at Red Castle I made a list of things you may need. Feel free to add anything I may have missed.

Equipment needed
1. Shooting mat, Tarp, blanket
2. Rear bag, Sand Sock
3. Bipod, (Preferably Harris 6-9” ,S model, notched legs, Pod Lock. )
4. Pad and Paper (Metal Binder with 3x5 index cards)
5. Dedicated Shooting Log is preferred (Impact Data is a good place to start)
6. 150 rounds of 1 MOA capable ammo. 1” at 100 yards. Test ammo before you come to get the most out of this class.
7. Backpack or bag to carry gear in.
8. Wind meters and Range finders are a help but not required
9. Knowing your approx. muzzle velocity (fps).
10. Three pieces of large white poster board (aprox 2'x2' found at Wal-Mart in school supplies section)

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to go but I have no experience on shooting LR, I probably join you guys next time or whenever I get better. Longest I ever shot was 75 yards. 300+ is way out there for me.

rab986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to go but I only have one rifle with a scope and can't afford match grade 50bmg ammo. Heck who am I fooling, I cant afford any grade ammo for it, LOL. I actually prefer and would be first on the list for open sights. I just got a new RRA and am itching to zero it in and mangle some paper.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't make it. Test Monday in ag policy. I have a .223 wssm with a leupold 6.5-20 vx-iii I would love to learn to use it to it's full potential. I did kill a doe two years ago at around 420 yards. Lucky shot but still pretty cool.

And the 150 rounds would be a problem also for this caliber. I have 80 I think. I really love that cartridge but it's pretty expensive. Luckily I've been saving my brass if I everget into reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom