Why are the people at Dong's so rude?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it as bad as outdoor america?

They say hell is...

It can't be that bad.............. Can it?

OA is the worst when it comes to customer service!!

What's wrong with Outdoor America??!?!?! Goodness, I must be special or something ... I don't have any trouble with the guys there. Kinda like the guys on the range at H&H ... (and no, I don't show cleavage or legs ... bleech!!)

Maybe a smile and a nod would help you guys out instead of a frowny face ... :thumb:

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with Outdoor America??!?!?! Goodness, I must be special or something ... I don't have any trouble with the guys there. Kinda like the guys on the range at H&H ... (and no, I don't show cleavage or legs ... bleech!!)

Maybe a smile and a nod would help you guys out instead of a frowny face ... :thumb:

I try to be nice to them. It just doesn't work so I end up being a douche :) It actually seems to work better most times.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy at dong's lie to me over the phone about some 7.62x54r ammo they had on the shelf. He either lied or didn't know his 7.62x54r ammo from a hole in the ground. Anyway I drove over there and couldn't find the ammo they said they had so I asked them and got nothing but attitude. The guy seemed so put out that a peasant such as myself would dare to ask him a question. I havn't been back since, and I won't go back ever. There are to many good gun shops in the Tulsa area with a good selection that I have no use for the poor attitudes and hateful nature of the dong's employees.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to be nice to them. It just doesn't work so I end up being a douche :) It actually seems to work better most times.

LOL ... We can do this easy or we can do it hard, huh?? :chop: I'll admit I have done that a time or two at places but never had to do it at OAS. Sometimes they are a little slow and it seems like whoever they have running the cash register to check you out is always a bit ... ahem ... challenged but all in all the service I have gotten there is pretty decent ... especially if Chris is working ... He is a sweetie-pie!! (Gratuitous shout-out to Chris LOL :wave:)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it as bad as outdoor america?

Worse, actually. At OAS I generally got helpful employees, if someone actually wandered to the back corner where I was looking (by the .45s and wheel guns) and actually noticed me there. That was always the big question mark for my visits there.

Dong's... well... they are elitist. I was not the target that day, but they know more than you. Just accept it. And you are not smart, mature, or worthy enough to touch one either. The younger guy working there warmed up to be a bit, as I was asking him about Colts rather than the Springfield Armory and Kimber they kept in (over)stock. I guess he appreciated someone shopping for something other than a Glock Fodie or other 'banger-preferred gun (no offense meant to the Glock aficionados)

While somewhat high on their prices, they were not out of line to what I have seen at gun shows or some Gunbroker sales (certainly not Gun World territory). But better deals can be had form other friendlier local stores. Oh, and if they don't haven't, they won't order it. But they will be a receiving FFL for you for the nominal fee of $50 :D

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I never have an issue either...and I don't have cleavage to show and not a girl...

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I might be the odd man out. I wouldn't say I frequent Dong's or H&H, but I've gotten the help I've asked for in both places when I've asked for it and I've purchased a firearm at both places and gotten good prices on both.

But I'm with the other guy that wants to be left completely alone unless I ask. Meaning I don't need to have a chit chat about "How are you today?" when I want to respond "Do you really want to know how I am?" just show me what I want to see, take my money and give me my crap.

I also don't mind asking if the marked price is the actual price or if there is wiggle room and I can do so without making myself sound like a dick.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just pre-empting the "but you're a girl, that makes you special" crowd ... :D

No, you're just "special," regardless of gender!!!

OA clerk would not sell me a safariland handcuff key several years ago, because I was no longer in law enforcement. I was buying it as a stocking stuffer for my wife, who was a leo. H&H did not hesitate.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, you're just "special," regardless of gender!!!

OA clerk would not sell me a safariland handcuff key several years ago, because I was no longer in law enforcement. I was buying it as a stocking stuffer for my wife, who was a leo. H&H did not hesitate.

:naughty: Yes, I am!!!

Oh my ... that is funny ... GC's mom tried to buy a gun for his dad when he was with OKCPD for a Christmas present ... she was furious when they wouldn't sell her one ... I never got the chance to meet her (Rest her soul) but from the stories I have heard she probably didn't take it very well at all!! LOL

ETA: Danggit!! I am gonna quit checking GC's mail for him!!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom