Why are the people at Dong's so rude?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also lost any amount of desire I ever had when they jacked their prices through the roof during the great primer and ammo famon of 2009.

I can understand a retail business taking orders or limiting quantities, but their price gouging puts them in the same class as street dealers.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done business with Dong's off and on for many years now. Wife bought my first bow from old man Dong himself back in 1985. Shortly after he died and his son-in-law started running it, they had a pretty decent staff there. At least to me as they knew me. Then about 2001, I go in with a wad of money and there is all new salesmen in there. I planned on buying two Kimbers, and a good over/under shotgun. I walked out after about 5 minutes of listening to attitudes. And they lost about $3500.00 worth of sales.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Lee Powder measure at Dongs, got home figured out I had got the wrong one, went back and asked for an exchange, no problem, didn't even ask for a receipt, just told me to pick out what I wanted and bring it up front, I did and it was a few bucks more than the original one so I paid the difference and walked out, needless to say I don't have a problem with them.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A subpar new one. THE Dong thread is filled with gold.

Point taken. I read through about 6 pages. I would gladly take my business elsewhere if there happened to be another shop in Tulsa that carried Hornady TAP 168gr BTHP .308 for less than $30/box. Dong's has it for $27/box including tax. As it stands, I go in and get my ammo and walk out, only speaking when spoken to so I can avoid any issues.

I also agree about the shop being cluttered. If they would take time to tidy up a little, it would be a nice shop.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a question from a small town redneck that has not been to either of these gunshops.

Has anybody on here ever sent a link to these stores to let them know what people are thinking about their service/prices, etc.?

I know if I ran a business, and had as much bad publicity as they have got on this forum over the years, it might make a lightbulb come on over my head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom