Why are the people at Dong's so rude?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
... although I will admit that its location does lend itself to some scarey customers, the OKC equal could be the Capitol Hill area ...

:bigeye:

Wow, You think the Capitol Hill area is on the same level as the Admiral area?

If I got stranded or "ran out of gas" on Admiral, I wouldnt really feel worried at all. Now the Capitol Hill area, my situational awareness would be in overdrive, LOL.

Hell there is a QT a couple hundred yards from Dong's. Noway in hell QT would have a store in the Capitol Hill area.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Tulsa and visited Dong's for the first time ever on Wed this past week.

Got over to Medlock's in C'ville and hit Bill's in Claremore too. (it's good to have business travel some times)

Dong's has more stuff in one place than any gun shop I've ever visited. There were a least 6 folks BUYING while I was there... all clustered up in that little corner.

That neighbor hood looks to have seen better times...I've been in worse (Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta and Memphis come to mind)... but big cites tend to be a freak show anyway.

I guess it's all what you expect. Had I been a cash buyer Wed... I'm pretty sure they would have been on their best behavior.

Cimarron

Marksman
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how I am treated at Dongs. Today I walked in and it was as if I was casing the joint. I was asked twice if I "wanted" any help, "no, I'm just looking". I have bought bullets, powder, primers and any number of reloading supplied off of these guys. Unfortunately they have a pretty complete stock. That doesn't mean that I will always put up with the rude attitude. To the big guy: Just think how much more stuff you would sell if your weren't the way you are, and if the place was cleaned up and put in some kind of orderly arrangement you wouldn't need to harass people. Lord knows you make a very healthy profit even thought you tell me you are going broke (driving a new Corvette doesn't seem like going broke to me).

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
commented on a very unprofessional way of doing business - rude. was told I do not matter to them, we have so many customers and the phone rings so much we just take it off the hook we could care less how we treat people.

so i stopped going.

I was buying supplies there and sending customers there but not anymore.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walk into lowes and get asked three or four times if I need help finding something.
Thought that was good customer service?

Dong's does it for different reasons IMO, I remember they used to give J.P. hell because of the way he "looked."

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And after five years this thread is still relevant. haha

2A opened up a reloading shop next door to their current location FYI. They also stock Dillon equipment.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are the people at Dong's so rude?

They would stop the rudeness or go out of business,,,
If people quit shopping there at all.

So, either they aren't rude to most customers,,,
Or only to those not in their "good old boy" network of customers.

Now having said that,,,
I'm in the ~never darken their doorway again~ crowd.

Several years back I was returning home from a hard day of work,,,
I was wearing my raggedy work clothes and was dirty.

But, I had four one hundred dollar bills in my wallet,,,
And three completely clean credit cards.

I asked to see a pistol that was under the glass,,,
A tall slender grey-beard told me "No.".

Honestly, at first I thought he was clowning with me,,,
But when I chuckled and asked again,,,
He said, "You're not a buyer."

I said okay and left.

He'll never know (unless he reads it here),,,
That I bought the same pistol for cash three weeks later.

They are rude because that's their nature,,,
They continue to be rude because there's no reason to change.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom