Why ask for pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a person should ask for pictures without saying weather they want to trade or buy first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried to trade both my Bushmaster XM-15 and my Colt 6920 marked m4 with a UTG free floating handguard. One guy I wanted to trade with said he already had a bunch of Bushmasters then asked if I could send him some pics. Now I told him it was stock. If he already had s crapload of bushmasters he may already know what they look like. I told him no scratches. So the big question is WHY CAN'T YOU TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO TRADE OR NOT THEN ASK FOR PICS. Why do so many people ask for pictures and when I send them a picture of a gun that came that way from the factory and no added accessories or scratches they say....uhhh I don't think I want to or uggg, just give me a little while to think about it. Even when I sent pictures of the colt people would say I already have one duhhh.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry. Have you ever heard of "never buy a pig in a poke"?
Asking to see exactly what you are buying is called due diligence. It takes a minute to take a picture and you're the one wanting to sell.
No sweat off me one way or the other. If I was buying, or looking to buy, I'd ask for pictures. Not too much to ask or for a seller to give.
Hope you see this reply in a positive light. If not, I'll send a picture.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.grumpysperformance.com_yodapic.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried to trade both my Bushmaster XM-15 and my Colt 6920 marked m4 with a UTG free floating handguard. One guy I wanted to trade with said he already had a bunch of Bushmasters then asked if I could send him some pics. Now I told him it was stock. If he already had s crapload of bushmasters he may already know what they look like. I told him no scratches. So the big question is WHY CAN'T YOU TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO TRADE OR NOT THEN ASK FOR PICS. Why do so many people ask for pictures and when I send them a picture of a gun that came that way from the factory and no added accessories or scratches they say....uhhh I don't think I want to or uggg, just give me a little while to think about it. Even when I sent pictures of the colt people would say I already have one duhhh.

Because even if someone says it's "stock" it may not be..... they may be unaware of a mod and believe it's stock. In the same sense I've seen SEVERAL "Custom" 1911s posted on this board that had maybe some grips and a few small parts switched out. Don't call that custom. Point is you never can tell.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry. Have you ever heard of "never buy a pig in a poke"?
Asking to see exactly what you are buying is called due diligence. It takes a minute to take a picture and you're the one wanting to sell.
No sweat off me one way or the other. If I was buying, or looking to buy, I'd ask for pictures. Not too much to ask or for a seller to give.
Hope you see this reply in a positive light. If not, I'll send a picture.
When I trade I usually ask the person I trade with if I can look at the gun. I really have no idea what a poke is and unlike some people I don't brag about knowing what farm words are like watershed.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I trade I usually ask the person I trade with if I can look at the gun. I really have no idea what a poke is and unlike some people I don't brag about knowing what farm words are like watershed.
And as far as I know sending firearms through the mail is against the law unless you have a firearm license of some type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom