Why ask for pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a person should ask for pictures without saying weather they want to trade or buy first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't like tire kickers? Take it to a pawn shop. See how much you get for it. They'll take it off your hands PDQ.

It's just the nature of the beast, man, *******, don't get so uptight about it. Life's too short. If your object isn't selling, drop the price or pull it off the market.

Or deal with tire kickers. It's not rocket science.

i dont mind tire kickers, i just dont like people that say they are going to buy something and I have to put spf on it then after a week of excuses say they already spent all their money at the gunshow or i have a million bushmasters already...send me some pix...oh, thats exactly as you described it but no thanks.

BTW, I tried to sell a couple things, they didn't sell, and I didn't like the lowballers - so I gave them away.
Don't like tire kickers? Take it to a pawn shop. See how much you get for it. They'll take it off your hands PDQ.

It's just the nature of the beast, man, *******, don't get so uptight about it. Life's too short. If your object isn't selling, drop the price or pull it off the market.

Or deal with tire kickers. It's not rocket science.

BTW, I tried to sell a couple things, they didn't sell, and I didn't like the lowballers - so I gave them away.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guns i haver purchased or traded on here

1glock 45
ps 90
fs2000
arisaka 99 sporterized
baikal with detachable mag
2nd year of production 870
2 chrome plated 1903a3s
mpa 9mm takes sten mags
tarus p9 in 380
m1 garand
m16a1 upper on spikes tactical lower
mountain eagle 22
bushmaster xm-15a3
colt 6920
50 cal muzzle loader thompson bobcat
etc.
so ya, ill trade, buy sell post pix but if the guy sais for sale and he says he already has a lot of them im pretty sure he knows what they look like so he can say yes im interested, send me some pix instead of just saying send pix and ill think about it. btw scratches dont really show on AR-15type guns. imho

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
by the time I did that I could take the gun out of the safe, take crappy pix with my crappy phone, email them to myself, open the email on my tablet, download them on my tablet then upload them to here. the problem is my phone is a android 2. something

It sounds like things are just to crappy for you. Probably best if you find another hobby.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people, including me, want to see exactly what we are getting prior to saying yes or no to a buy or trade. No reason to be upset about somebody wanting to see pictures of the item first. Being stood up on the other hand is totally different.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Asking for a picture, normal procedure. Backing out after saying they want to trade, jerk move.

Not saying I won't buy an item listed without a picture (I have before), but it is much harder to keep my attention without one.

Also, if you don't have a good written description, you better have a picture.

Like this:

"Like new Glock 17 $450"

or

"Like new condition Glock 17 Gen4 with 3-17rd mags, no box or paperwork, but does include the changeable grip pieces. I bought it new and have only put a couple hundred rounds through it. $450"

The first one without a picture will get ignored by me. The second will not. I still stand by my statement that if you have the capability to access the internet and list an item, and are willing to go to the effort of meeting someone to sell said item; why can you not make the effort of posting at least one picture of the item???

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just took a pic of your post.

Oh yeah? Well here's your post if you want a pic of it.

post.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom