Why can't we own a GLOCK .380?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's insanity. We are one of the most "cultured" of all countries, the wealthiest, yet we have one of the highest murder rates; we have tons and tons of laws but we appear to be one of the most lawless societies on earth. Everything is flip-flopped. We are GOING to HELL!!!

:soapbox:

Have you ever been to any 3rd world countries or (republic) like Somalia?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever been to any 3rd world countries or (republic) like Somalia?

I've been all over Haiti - and I'd say that with all our laws, its no worse in Port Au Prince than it is in the bad parts of Newark, NYC, or LA's South side (where we're equally disarmed and the criminals are heavily armed).

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know - I used to wonder about the import regulations on Handguns, but that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm embarassed for our government for letting these regs pass.

Makes Fiengold and her "barrel shroud" look good.

During my time in the Army, most of which was spent in Germany, I got to know these rules and others the ATF had for restricting firearms into the US. Not only do they have this series, but for each firearm made regardless of country, they have serial number blocks where they restrict firearms, even if they pass the number test. I got hammered on several while there, where if I was lucky I could get the Rod&Gun store where I was to take back the firearm, and refund my money. There were some where I had no choice but to surrender to the local Provost. The ATF gives no reason other than this firearm falls within this series of serial numbers, and isn't allowed into the US.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During my time in the Army, most of which was spent in Germany, I got to know these rules and others the ATF had for restricting firearms into the US. Not only do they have this series, but for each firearm made regardless of country, they have serial number blocks where they restrict firearms, even if they pass the number test. I got hammered on several while there, where if I was lucky I could get the Rod&Gun store where I was to take back the firearm, and refund my money. There were some where I had no choice but to surrender to the local Provost. The ATF gives no reason other than this firearm falls within this series of serial numbers, and isn't allowed into the US.

F--kin crazy:censored:of course a lot of things don't make sense

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine ordered a Mustang Cobra from the facrtory (many years ago) with a straight six cylinder engine. The idea of a Glock .380 reminds me of that car, except that at least the 'Stang was pretty.

I do carry a .380 when nothing else will conceal, but do not consider it an adequate self defense round. CB

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know - I used to wonder about the import regulations on Handguns, but that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm embarassed for our government for letting these regs pass.

Makes Fiengold and her "barrel shroud" look good.

that was carolyn mcarthy and you can thank LBJ for the GCA of 68 restricting the import of certain guns

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same reason you cannot bring in Walther PPKs after 1968. They don't have enough points under the 1968 GCA. Stupid law. There are a ton of collector's PPKs in Europe we can't get.

1911GI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had read somewhere long ago (I do not know if true) GLOCK was going to put cheesy adjustable sights on them to get points up.
Then once imported swap them out but .Gov said NO.

(Like how Catera got shipped to US missing lots of options to keep weight under the guzzler import law at the time)

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same reason you cannot bring in Walther PPKs after 1968. They don't have enough points under the 1968 GCA. Stupid law. There are a ton of collector's PPKs in Europe we can't get.

Not just those, there are even more restrictions on MilSurp guns, some of which are US Military, that are not allowed. I use to visit several of the German sporting goods places where you could purchase firearms, and one of the larger ones in Darmstadt had lots of Milsurp's, rifles & pistols, you could purchase, but your request through ATF would be turned down. At the time the German Mark was 4 to a dollar making these guns a steal.

Benelli

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there may be something deeper here than mere gun control. There are import restrictions on almost everything. All sorts of justifications are given, but the majority can be explained by one thing: Protectionism. If they can't be brought here, domestic companies don't have to compete with them. It is similar to the rationale behind the high barriers to entry in all sorts of professions. It is why we have licensing for Realtors, Accountants, Lawyers, Plumbers, and Cosmetologists. Less competition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom