Why do big guns and egos go hand in hand with men?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish on

Marksman
Reaction score
Why do men have the need for big guns? Is it like the Corvette thing? My daughter and I were shooting today and three different men walked up to help "us ladies" I guess. First things out their mouths were some form of why do we have little 9mm pistols? They sounded like the majority of the male members on here. Big egos and little parts.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry you ran into that sort of macho buffoonery. I assure you there are many more gentleman in the shooting sports than that sort. 9mm is actually a very good choice for a lady. Winchester makes a reduced load that I recommend for members of the fairer sex. Though I typically recommend a revolver in .38 Special with reduced loads, or .327 Federal, as semi autos are a bit more complicated machines to understand, and a lady's arm and upper body strength many times presents problems with working the slide. Smith & Wesson and Ruger both now make revolvers with pink furniture, which makes them more pleasing to feminine sensibilities. Anyhow, it's nice to have another lady interested in our great sport. Please do not hesitate to ask for advice from myself or any of us on the forum if you need any firearm related help or advice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why did they come to help out? Were you having malfunction problems? I shoot around a lot of women and men. Never approach anybody unless they ask for help, and I haven't seen anybody do anything differently.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Serious question Fish On. Why only come to OSA to complain about men..............why not on the other forum as well?

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do almost all of your comments seem to end in belittling "a mans little parts". I'm with Dennis here, I have never seen anybody act this way or acted this way myself, but I don't go to public ranges much either.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry you ran into that sort of macho buffoonery. I assure you there are many more gentleman in the shooting sports than that sort. 9mm is actually a very good choice for a lady. Winchester makes a reduced load that I recommend for members of the fairer sex. Though I typically recommend a revolver in .38 Special with reduced loads, or .327 Federal, as semi autos are a bit more complicated machines to understand, and a lady's arm and upper body strength many times presents problems with working the slide. Smith & Wesson and Ruger both now make revolvers with pink furniture, which makes them more pleasing to feminine sensibilities. Anyhow, it's nice to have another lady interested in our great sport. Please do not hesitate to ask for advice from myself or any of us on the forum if you need any firearm related help or advice.

This....is fawkin Great.....Thanks

" male members "

Latest posts

Top Bottom