Where do we see gun prices headed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously political instability will likely continue indefinitely, which will always push the demand and FOMO lever forward…

But also, the market is currently saturated like never before and there are no signs of it slowing.

Big companies could pull stunts like Colt, and stop making certain platforms to level things out, but it would take a lot of them doing that to make much difference.

Right now, most guns are not even keeping up with this crazy inflation. There are obviously some that have sky rocketed, but there doesn’t seem to be much logic behind why. And no, this doesn’t count those of you asking $700 for your used Glock.

With that said, where do you see things 5 years from now? What about in 10?

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a fun math problem with my son to explain inflation. 1993 1 ounce of silver was a little over $3.50 today its a little over $20.00. So if Granny gives me $100 for silver in 1993 I can buy 28 ounces of silver.
How much would that same amount of silver cost us today? $571.43
So back on track are the guns getting more expensive or is your dollar losing buying power?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blue label Glock and even retail price Glocks haven’t changed much, the inflation in the classifieds is a whole mother animal lol

Said with love fellas but really

Everyone wants their toy they no longer want to be a desirable toy . Some are, but most aren't I think it gets silly when someone is trying to get $1200 for a Glock 19 or a Sig striker fired gun and it makes me want to roll my eyes, but hey there's a sucker born every minute .

If someone isn't smart enough to know why a Colt Series 70 or a pre lock Smith is worth one set of values and some current production combat plastic isn't then they deserve what happens to them .

Last edited:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quality firearms are going to continue to increase. The mass produced synthetic stock matte finish low end stuff will level off or even get cheaper as demand drops. The people buying entry level guns are affected more by inflation. I would love to see vintage Colt and S&W's get cheaper, but it's not going to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom