Why Do Christians Celebrate Halloween?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You celebrate Easter, Christmas? Look at the history of these holidays and see how they evolved. Just as Halloween evolved so did Easter and Christmas. Theres nothing evil about Halloween anymore than theres anything "Christian" about how Easter or Christmas is celebrated.

Correct totally! All of these holidays are so watered down from their original meanings. They are simply a way to have some fun and an excuse to get family and friends together...and to watch football! Since they are just party days now it may be OK to add thanksgiving to the list too.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just pissed because I don't get time-and-a-half for this holiday like I do all the others! :pissed:

Ha! This.

Also, petty dates and cultural celebrations don't dictate one's spiritual dedication. I don't see a better way to nullify any dark forces that once claimed this festival, other than to have fun with your family/friends in a silly costume. Kinda takes the piss out of the "satanic" origins if you ask me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thursday Night Strippers?!?! I'm there! Its an excellent way support single mothers...albiet $1 at a time though

Believe it or not there was a member here who became an ordained minister and got hired by a church. The church fired him when they found out about his propensity to "minister to those less fortunate". :lmfao:

Honestly, I don't know what was funnier ... The fact that he thought he could pull it off or the fact that the church was aghast at his "method of ministering" ... LOL

I'm with JB on this one -- Some of you guys need professional help ... :wink2:

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i11.photobucket.com_albums_a169_berettaman_3595_i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For a number of years St. John's ( Episcopal) in Norman has a Service on All Hallows Eve in the Brookhaven graveyard. Then we take the children trick or treating. Then we have another service at the church on All Saints Day. It's an 'Old' Anglican tradition... Remember O man you are dust and to dust you shall return!

Rev. Stan

Latest posts

Top Bottom