Why I’m not a plumber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. After seeing what the guys went through during that bathroom remodel and replacing the sewer line, no thank you. Hang on just a second and let me get my checkbook.

Yup. Had the whole dang house replumbed. Shotty work when it was built that we inherited. Fortunately our insurance agent was good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some don’t deserve the title of plumber.
Some may remember several years back when we were trapped in our home by flood waters.
Our water well was underwater for almost two weeks. We dump gallons of bleach down the well and up the lines but could never get rid of the bacteria. Concluded it was the water that was contaminated. So, after almost a year of fighting it, we called a water center in town and ordered a UV-C sanitation system to purify the water.
Plumbers showed up, but I had to leave for a bit.
When getting home, they had installed the system with 1/2” PEX in place of the 3/4” copper that was in place to feed the whole house reducing the volume by 1/2 as well as using 1/2 dozen 90 degree elbows that further reduce flow.
Previously one could open a couple faucets in the house and never lose pressure. Now open one faucet, then another and it’s pretty low pressure.
I’m intimately familiar with flows/pressure after working and building hydraulic systems for over 40 years and saw all the mistakes they made. A phone call to the company resulted in them telling me that I didn’t know what I was talking about as their guy was a licensed plumber, so deal with it.
It hasn’t been that big of an issue as we are on the road a lot,
We are going to have the ground water tested again one of these days to see if it’s pure again. If it’s good, gonna rip that stuff off and put 3/4” back like it should have been.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some don’t deserve the title of plumber.
Some may remember several years back when we were trapped in our home by flood waters.
Our water well was underwater for almost two weeks. We dump gallons of bleach down the well and up the lines but could never get rid of the bacteria. Concluded it was the water that was contaminated. So, after almost a year of fighting it, we called a water center in town and ordered a UV-C sanitation system to purify the water.
Plumbers showed up, but I had to leave for a bit.
When getting home, they had installed the system with 1/2” PEX in place of the 3/4” copper that was in place to feed the whole house reducing the volume by 1/2 as well as using 1/2 dozen 90 degree elbows that further reduce flow.
Previously one could open a couple faucets in the house and never lose pressure. Now open one faucet, then another and it’s pretty low pressure.
I’m intimately familiar with flows/pressure after working and building hydraulic systems for over 40 years and saw all the mistakes they made. A phone call to the company resulted in them telling me that I didn’t know what I was talking about as their guy was a licensed plumber, so deal with it.
It hasn’t been that big of an issue as we are on the road a lot,
We are going to have the ground water tested again one of these days to see if it’s pure again. If it’s good, gonna rip that stuff off and put 3/4” back like it should have been.
You pay hard-earned money for an "expert" to come in and perform shoddy work and then you have to re-do what was done. I've done it on roofing, auto repair, you name it, I've had to redo a lot of so-called professional work.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You pay hard-earned money for an "expert" to come in and perform shoddy work and then you have to re-do what was done. I've done it on roofing, auto repair, you name it, I've had to redo a lot of so-called professional work.
Agreed, I don’t like wasting my money on BS, unless it’s a gas line or something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom