Wildlife Department confirms mountain lion sightings in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend had a mule (the mule was in a pen) killed by a cougar a few years ago. Blood was splattered all over the pen, and BIG CAT claw marks all over the dead mule. The mule was full-grown, BTW.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over by Geronimo...Walters area?
Less than a mile south of Bishop Rd. on SE 45th Street. There is a creek that runs thru the property and that probably led the cat to the mule's pen. The friend has set up game cameras since then on the creek, but no sign of the cat since the night of the attack.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
about 13 years ago, I was going to a funeral in Prague OK Driving on US 62, and had a big yellow cougar cross the road in front of me. He stopped, turned and looked at me, with a huge wide head and a large tail. I had a GPS with me and stopped and recorded the location, date and time, direction of travel and passed it on to the wildlife biologists. I don't know what they did with the info, but there were very large tracks going away from the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom