Wilshire Gun broken Into

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that was surprised that what they broke in threw looked like a sliding glass door? No bars or anything. Dont get me wrong, Im not blaming the gun store for the acts of thieves but from the pics I saw I was really disappointed in their security.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much zero chance for response unless someone were just driving by.

Well there will be a response. Unfortunately, the alarm company has to see the notification. Call the police department. the PD has to receive the call and dispatch an officer to the address. Then the officer has to drive to a non emergency call. Frustratingly, a good number of alarm calls get cancelled by the alarm company. That and short of a panic alarm. An emergency response isn't justified. So no lights and sirens.

Building alarms are great. if you want to know when you have somebody in the building. However, that won't stop the determined.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well there will be a response. Unfortunately, the alarm company has to see the notification. Call the police department. the PD has to receive the call and dispatch an officer to the address. Then the officer has to drive to a non emergency call. Frustratingly, a good number of alarm calls get cancelled by the alarm company. That and short of a panic alarm. An emergency response isn't justified. So no lights and sirens.

Building alarms are great. if you want to know when you have somebody in the building. However, that won't stop the determined.

In the event of an alarm call, all lights and sirens will do is tell the bad guys that the cops are on the way. I was taught to respond quietly and “black out” at least a block before going on scene. The older guys used to tell me that if I wanted to catch bad guys, be as sneaky as they are or if I just wanted to do paperwork and pass it off to someone else, come in lit up and noisy.

I agree with earlier posts that all of these stores hit during the holidays is too coincidental.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, I didn’t mean there was no response. Should have been more clear. What I should have said was there was not enough time for responders to get there with the short time frame of the heist unless someone just happened to be driving by and saw them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom