Winchester is coming out with a new rimfire round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21 sharp....guess I can shoot it out my ass as I have no gun for that....do they make one ?

IF projected sales quota is met, plans for a handgun and rifle will be developed.

Only time will tell.

Call it the .21CM RF and the MSRP can be double.

Didn't they already make a .22WRF.
Make more, lots of rifles out there that need ammo.

Going to make a Quigley Sharpe .21RF?

Sounds like a libturd in charge trying to bankrupt the company, AGAIN.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think these new cartridges are going to bankrupt them, because there’s enough people that buy into the hype and jump on every ”new” cartridge that comes out. I know quite a few people the bought 350 Legends, but most if not all have already dumped them on the used market.
I’ve been rethinking my apocalyptic arsenal and may add a 350 Legend to it, because during the covid ammo shortage, one of the only calibers that stayed on the shelf was 350 Legend. I’m predicting this 21 whatever will probably be the same. :anyone:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think these new cartridges are going to bankrupt them, because there’s enough people that buy into the hype and jump on every ”new” cartridge that comes out. I know quite a few people the bought 350 Legends, but most if not all have already dumped them on the used market.
I’ve been rethinking my apocalyptic arsenal and may add a 350 Legend to it, because during the covid ammo shortage, one of the only calibers that stayed on the shelf was 350 Legend. I’m predicting this 21 whatever will probably be the same. :anyone:
R&D, tooling, marketing, raw materials, labor, production time.

All $$$ better used for existing products.

Looking at the list current cartridges, I see no holes that need filling. Would much prefer seeing batch runs of cartridges, at affordable price, for arms that exist in sufficient number. Many of Grandpa's old guns out there, that people would love to have some ammo for.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF projected sales quota is met, plans for a handgun and rifle will be developed.

Only time will tell.

Call it the .21CM RF and the MSRP can be double.

Didn't they already make a .22WRF.
Make more, lots of rifles out there that need ammo.

Going to make a Quigley Sharpe .21RF?

That’s a new one. “A new cartridge on the market!? ITS THE LIBS FAULT!”

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've seen some poor liberal thinking from Springfield Armory, Daniel Defense, Ruger, Rock River Arms, and Kimber (probably missing someone)...but it has never been in the cartridge development segment. Getting "woke" with a new selection would be a first for sure.

The Bud/Target/etc... wokeness was done with "DEI" (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) in mind. They essentially ignored the majority of their customer base in hopes to expand to a smaller niche and increase revenues, and it backfired.

Usually poor cartridge ideas can be traced back to bean counters coming from other backgrounds, and not knowing their markets. We're coming off of 3 years of ammo shortages, and significantly higher prices. Most dudes are trying to stockpile what they missed out on for several years. Most people are still intimately familiar with hunting high and low on bare shelves or sold out websites for their favorite cartridge. Unless you reload, few want to saddle themselves with an obscure cartridge right off the bat.

Add in that probably just like the 6.8 Western, I doubt you'll get much buy-in from other manufacturers until there is an appreciable market segment (costs a lot to tool up). So I see this as an example of what may or may not be a good idea getting left out to dry from the competition for quite some time.

^ I still only see Winchester making ammo for their 6.8 (some is labeled as Browning, but Winchester produced). Pretty sure all of their rifles come from the same plant too...BUT, I do see a few Christiansen and Seekins 6.8 offerings now...so maybe there's hope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom