Winchester is coming out with a new rimfire round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking of the reason for this. Im going off the premise that there is a valid reason.
It could be just to lay claim to the moniker “sharps” in a Rimfire.
Thinking…..

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article says it has the same working pressure and case dimensions.
What will this one do that the 22 lr does not do?

Yet another solution to a problem that didn’t exist. :rolleyes2

I’m thinking of the reason for this. Im going off the premise that there is a valid reason.
It could be just to lay claim to the moniker “sharps” in a Rimfire.
Thinking…..
I wonder if this John guy on the article's comment board has a point... heeled bullets and such are beyond me. Sounds like a legit reason though. If I am understanding things right, this 21 sharps is just a parallel of producing straight wall deer cartridges for those weird states up north like the 350 legend and the 360 butthummer or whatever. Should also be easy to rebarrel existing platforms for it, as it uses the same case and similar pressures of a 22lr.

1691676665133.png

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if this John guy on the article's comment board has a point... heeled bullets and such are beyond me. Sounds like a legit reason though. If I am understanding things right, this 21 sharps is just a parallel of producing straight wall deer cartridges for those weird states up north like the 350 legend and the 360 butthummer or whatever.

View attachment 400534
I get what the guy’s saying, but Winchester is still only catering to a very small segment of the shooting public. I hope it works out for them and is profitable, but I won’t be jumping on the new whiz bang cartridge bandwagon…same with the 350, 360, 400 whatever straight wall thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom