Winchester large rifle magnum primer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, ok, you guys are more impatient than a pregnant chick waiting on her hubby to get home with the pickle flavored ice cream to satisfy her cravings. Lol

I had recently loaded 100 rounds of .243 WSSM just prior to deer season using Winchester primers.
Last night I was putting the rounds from the magazine back into the ammo box when something caught my eye.
I shot the rifle 4 times during the season. I checked all 100 rounds with one anomaly. A single brass primer among 99 silver ones.

c230a195aa60be0eb6281eac51b70db1.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, ok, you guys are more impatient than a pregnant chick waiting on her hubby to get home with the pickle flavored ice cream to satisfy her cravings. Lol

I had recently loaded 100 rounds of .243 WSSM just prior to deer season using Winchester primers.
Last night I was putting the rounds from the magazine back into the ammo box when something caught my eye.
I shot the rifle 4 times during the season. I checked all 100 rounds with one anomaly. A single brass primer among 99 silver ones.

That is concerning how one is flat and pretty firing pin punch and the other is rounded with a large firing pin punch.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I knew I wasn’t loosing my mind!!! Thanks Dennis!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom