Wisconsin Schadenfreude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the fact that anti Walker elements could conjur up a RECALL vote is a big deal all on it's own. They may have won the battle ... but the next couple of Novembers will be the war there.

Yeah and in the next battle there won't be any funding regulation loopholes for Walker to exploit.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, no need to try to advocate for THESE working folks. THESE working folks are perfectly fine with giving up their rights. Don't you know they are all millionaires in disguise?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank God that's over with.

Now Walker can get back to the job he was bought for, err, I mean selected for, err, I mean elected for.

Busting unions and granting tax cuts for millionaires.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank God that's over with.

Now Walker can get back to the job he was bought for, err, I mean selected for, err, I mean elected for.

Busting unions and granting tax cuts for millionaires.

Well, when you have imbibed the koolaid, it's ok to have your government bought and paid for by BIG business. What the HELL is wrong with you? Are you a lefty?

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the fact that anti Walker elements could conjur up a RECALL vote is a big deal all on it's own. They may have won the battle ... but the next couple of Novembers will be the war there. As I recall... there were papers drawn up to recall about 15 or 16 state reps...how many of those recalls made the ballot?

None that I recall so that proves what?!?!? Anyone can start the recall petition and the signature requirements are not that hard to meet. To get the recall on the ballot you only need 25% of the total votes cast for the election of the person you are trying to recall was involved. So the democrats can pretty much get any recall they want started since the numbers are not that big. So the fact that they were able to get the Recall vote is not a big deal. It is also not hard to understand that Senate districts are larger than House districts, easily contain more people, and easier to hit the required signatures.

There were 2,158,723 votes in the 2010 governor's election. So Democrats only needed 539681 or 53.7% of the 1,005,008 Democrats who voted in the 2010 governnor's election to sign the petition. If everyone signed along party lines, the Democrats should have had no problem getting the number of required signatures and that was proven when they were able to get several recalls to primaries/elections.

Besides the fact that the House was not as big of a target as the Senate since the Senate was the one who really pushed the union collective bargaining stuff. I guess you also missed the fact the districts have been redrawn and are said to favor the Republicans. Only two of the newly drawn districts were rejected and have to be redrawn so that won't affect much. So I am not sure that the war will be what you think but even if it is the Republicans are already motivated and formed after defeating most of the recalls.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I saw SB11 locked negotiations to base wages and locked them with CPI. What else did it do?

Googling is simply full of "walker strips unions of all rights" bullcrap.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, no need to try to advocate for THESE working folks. THESE working folks are perfectly fine with giving up their rights. Don't you know they are all millionaires in disguise?
I don't think the wailing will stop when these cotton patch Ceasars all get replaced by Mexicans in a couple of years.
When the profits are priority and somebody is willing to work for less ... A lot of Oklahoma double wides will repo.
A few folks will be crying then... Mark my words. Labor in Oklahoma is not immune from everything that's diminished working people across the nation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom