Wisconsin Schadenfreude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To what was he referring with his 'democracy is dead' comments? Is the form of state government in WI a democracy? I thought there is a legislature with elected representatives? Why the national warning?:rtfm:

Methinks THIS guy may be, what was the term, "socially restarted"?:hey3:

OTOH, you COULD say that a recall referendum WAS a democratic method of determining the people's will. I suppose that, sometimes, democracy is not Democratic.:pms2:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To what was he referring with his 'democracy is dead' comments? Is the form of state government in WI a democracy? I thought there is a legislature with elected representatives? Why the national warning?:rtfm:

Methinks THIS guy may be, what was the term, "socially restarted"?:hey3:

OTOH, you COULD say that a recall referendum WAS a democratic method of determining the people's will. I suppose that, sometimes, democracy is not Democratic.:pms2:

Controlling the definitions of words is one of the first steps in a successful propaganda campaign.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the wailing will stop when these cotton patch Ceasars all get replaced by Mexicans in a couple of years.
When the profits are priority and somebody is willing to work for less ... A lot of Oklahoma double wides will repo.
A few folks will be crying then... Mark my words. Labor in Oklahoma is not immune from everything that's diminished working people across the nation.

To bad your argument is blown by the fact that the unions are fighting harder for the illegals then businesses are.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To bad your argument is blown by the fact that the unions are fighting harder for the illegals then businesses are.

Businesses want them to stay undocumented so they can pay them under the table below minimum wage and in substandard conditions.

Unions want them documented and working skilled trades so they can pay dues.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just love the idea that an American, after an ELECTION, declares that "democracy is dead".

What an idiot.

When enough money enters the race from "interested parties" that one of the candidates can mount an overwhelming ad campaign, and the other is not allowed to receive that kind of money, I don't get how that's democracy.

That's like calling the Rodney King incident a boxing match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom