Wisconsin Schadenfreude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both got out of state money but if you take it away, he still would have out raised him 3-4X over.

I am not a statistician.... but when 66% of $30-odd million comes from out-of-state.... it seems kind of skewed.

I have to ask...with that much money coming in from non-local sources...who's Walker beholden to?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm tho upthet, you thilly thavages! Don't you realize, it's the end of, like, America?!

Last edited by a moderator:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo said:
Are you saying Barrett was prohibited by law from getting an equal amount?

Pretty much.

The loophole is that state donation limits ($10,000 in WI) do not apply for incumbents facing recall elections. Barrett, however, did face these restrictions. CBS News reports that Scott Walker got $500,000 from one wealthy individual alone; that's about 12.5% of ALL the money that Barrett got in total.*

In our country, where apparently money = speech, the law basically gagged Barrett and gave Walker a bullhorn.

*Cue RABBLE RABBLE LIEBERAL MEDIA RABBLE RABBLE

EDIT: I don't actually know if this was a loophole or an intentional effect of the law. I'm not sure which is worse.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The voters in Wisconsin or he won't be reelected.

That's the way it's supposed to work... but money talks and BS walks.... when that much out of state money comes in... it can squash the opposition.

Seeing that 48% of the voters asked to RECALL Walker...seems like he's gonna have to mend some fences to get voted in... or spend a lot of that out-of-state money to make sure he doesnt get voted out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom