women in military front lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in the military. I worked with Women side by side everyday. They were very good at what they did. So this is not a woman bashing thread. However if women want true battlefield equality then they need to go to the Post Office on their 18th birthday and sign up for selective service,just like every Male has to on his 18th birthday. After all fair is fair. Discuss

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Honestly the only problem I have with women in combat has more to do with my own worries about how many of them will be raped by enemy troops if they are captured. I know some accept the risk but I do see major problems ahead because of it not to mention law suits because our military did not do enough to protect them from it.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not for all women, just like women on a police force or fire department. These are all strenuous activity jobs and women that can handle the work should try it...combat that is. Why not.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me thinks it's not gonna work out too well.

Known as the Infantry Officers Course, the demanding 13-week program is based at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va. The current class, which began with 109 students, is the first to have included women. On average, about 25 percent of the men who enroll in IOC fail to complete it and voluntarily withdraw.

The Corps sought female volunteers for the course as part of a broader research effort to assess how female Marines might perform in assignments whose primary mission is direct ground combat — jobs they are prohibited from filling now. Just the two women stepped forward. Marine officials have declined to identify them, citing a desire to protect their privacy.

(Edit: They both dropped out)
Full article

What I fear is that the standards will be dropped to make it "more fair". Now if they leave the standards alone then I say more power to the gals. If they want it, and can do what's required, then by all means let them up there on the lines. But the above article is just a recent example of how it will go if they don't massage the criteria. But you can mark it down that lawyers are involved in this and will continue to be. The result will be a less effective military. I say leave it alone, there are tons of jobs that women are doing well in the military now. Why mess with it?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed.
However I do not facny the idea of women in combat.
I didn't say they weren't capable, mind you, I simply do not feel they belong there for various reasons.
(but I very well could be wrong)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, I have no problem at all with women as fighter pilots. Much less risk of them being captured and there have been some good ones throughout history from WW2 Russian to modern Israeli fighter pilots.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On a side note, I have no problem at all with women as fighter pilots. Much less risk of them being captured and there have been some good ones throughout history from WW2 Russian to modern Israeli fighter pilots.

Just speculating but I'd think in a war against a real army they would have a better chance of being captured as a fighter pilot cause if you get shot down you're likely miles behind enemy lines by yourself.

I think they should be in the rear or at home helping with the war effort if it gets that bad. But if they really want to do it they should pass the same tests the guys do, might as well let 'em do it.

I'm no expert on the subject, these are just my opinions.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I heard on the news was they won't lower any standards, they will simply evaluate existing standards and if they are deemed by SECDEF to be "too high" then justifications will have to be approved by SECDEF in order to keep said standards.

In other words, they won't lower standards, except when they feel like they should.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never served in the military but have been to Iraq a couple times, couldn't imagine being deployed there for any length of time. I went well after initial hostilities although there were still plenty of bad guys around. This is a good article on what men went through when storming into Baghdad at the start, something most folks don't really think of when they're just looking to make sure everyone is equal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323539804578260132111473150.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is being missed. The "equality" nonsense is a canard. The point is to erode peoples stomach for war. Want to slow the support for military actions? Let a few hundred young women get shot, killed, raped, etc and watch the public pull support out faster than......

Latest posts

Top Bottom