women in military front lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if that's really the point, then I'm all for it. Folks back home, esp politicians seem to have an appetite for war, esp if THEY are not the one headed "over there".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never served in the military but have been to Iraq a couple times, couldn't imagine being deployed there for any length of time. I went well after initial hostilities although there were still plenty of bad guys around. This is a good article on what men went through when storming into Baghdad at the start, something most folks don't really think of when they're just looking to make sure everyone is equal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323539804578260132111473150.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

Thats a good article.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, two wrongs dont make a right. We cant distort the real reason we should not want to go to war by exploitation of a group. Reports of captured women raped or shot being played out on the media constantly could weaken our resolve when we need it most.

There is more. The current chess game is to have division. Some calling for selective service cards to be filled out by women is just equality right? Ahhh. This will serve to build-in the reaction of the future. The current admin knows this. What a better way to have a large portion of men calling for the end of conflict or to not have one start in the first place.

Generally speaking we all have rolls in life. Combat for females is not one most of us see as general. Sure some can do it well. The strategy is long term.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have worked with them side by side also, as well as when we were being shot at. 90% of them physically cannot do the job. (talking strictly in my field) The AF compensated by lowering the standards for them even though they had to do exactly what we did. Ever see a female try to carry an 250# injured serviceman on a litter and then try to lift them into the 5th litter stanchion on the aircraft? 3 corners go up and 1 stops halfway. Nothing against them but if they can't physically do it, step aside. They put everyone else at risk because we have to pull part of their weight. That comes from first hand live, in country, combat zone experience.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was kidding about the sammiches but my friend and his wife and me and my wife had this conversation just the other day. Naturally it branched into women in sports as well but we all arrived at the same conclusion. If they aren't going to get any "special treatment" then I say go for it, let 'em try. My buddy's wife put it best I thought when she said "These women really want to do it well then go right ahead and try but the men better lay their ass out just like they would any guy." Talking with regard to hitting people in football but I think it applies in similar context in the military sense.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NFL is actually not a bad comparison, when you think about it.

I should point out, technically speaking, I'm sure there are some women out there who can pass the USMC Platoon Leader/Infantry Officer course as it stands today. Give 'em a shot. I just feel that "respecting women's rights" in this fashion is inevitably going to result in lower combat arms standards and combat effectiveness will be diminished. I mean, it's math...do the Russians put women in front line infantry? Do we want our women to fight other countries' men?

Just thinking out loud...

Latest posts

Top Bottom