women in military front lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked with them side by side also, as well as when we were being shot at. 90% of them physically cannot do the job.

That's my biggest thought. I have no problem with willing and able women wanting to serve in combat, but those who are willing may not be able. Those who are are able, may not be willing.

I honestly suspect there will be very, very few when it's all said and done.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only problem i have is with regisitering. KNOWBODY should have to. If we cant get enough volunteers then the reason for war aint good enough.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never served in the military but have been to Iraq a couple times, couldn't imagine being deployed there for any length of time. I went well after initial hostilities although there were still plenty of bad guys around. This is a good article on what men went through when storming into Baghdad at the start, something most folks don't really think of when they're just looking to make sure everyone is equal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323539804578260132111473150.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

Interesting read.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they can pass mens standards why not? Of course only a very select few will be able to pass those standards. I don't remember seeing very many women in the Army that could pass a mens pt test, honestly it seemed most were always on profile. We would start a brigade run and the females would honestly start falling out before we made it even 50 feet. I'm not joking.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the military. I worked with Women side by side everyday. They were very good at what they did. So this is not a woman bashing thread. However if women want true battlefield equality then they need to go to the Post Office on their 18th birthday and sign up for selective service,just like every Male has to on his 18th birthday. After all fair is fair. Discuss

I think you're right and I bet it's something that's going to happen. I also expect most women of eligible age would have no problem with it. There probably would be appropriate deferments.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in is where I really noticed it was during the more realistic exercise scenarios. The ones where you wore full chem ensembles with mask off and on at times for hours. All in the heat, sun and humidity. Wearing all that crap in the heat while responding to excercise conditions begins to wear on you. Then you have to hump gear, set up equipment, palletize and de-palitize gear and yes carry and drag casualties. It was the rare, rare woman that could keep up and match the men effort for effort/task for task. Wasn't unusual to let them sit it out. Everybody just pretended it wasn't happening. If you did say something the nearest superior would give you that look like they were about to send you to Social Actions. Unfortunately, on the battle field people get shot, blown up and die. And others along with them.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they already get to see combat with today's war so why not let them try combat arms. If they can hack it and pull their weight I'm okay with it. I've served along side some great female soldiers and some less than stellar. I also believe if they are going into combat arms there should be a revision to the female PT test and standards to make it more closely aligned to the male requirements. But I am a believer that this should be done anyway. Simply because in today's army they could be in combat and have to save another fallen soldier and get them out of harms way. That extra strength and endurance requirement could very well save a soldier's life.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was brought up to be a true feminist, if the woman can pass the same standards then they can do the job for the same pay. My mother also never understood why women should not be in combat especially if they can meet the same standards as the men and I agree. If the women do not make the cut same thing should happen to them as the men which don't make the cut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom