Wondering if I should buy this gun? Col 1903

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Smith

Marksman
Reaction score
Well they sent me pictures and needless to say I'm not gonna buy it, the gun is so worn that you can barely see the engravings on the side.

You tell him you had a feller who wanted to look it over for you?

I only wonder because if he's in the area and only let go of the pics when you said that (or did he?) then perhaps he's someone us local to him need to watch.

I'll get ahold of my friend in Swayzee and tell him it's a no-go. That old man was sort of looking forward to it, I think! :D

Josh

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The $325 doesn't bother me, I have bought a few at that price. The pitting is another matter, I'm by no means a n expert maybe you can get JB to chime in. Due to the pitting, and that might be the reason you can't see the engraving. They may have had to really take it down to get rid of most of the pitting to reblue it. I would pass.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I'm passing on it, sorry kinda tired so I'll show ya'll the pics tomorrow. It's pretty bad. I don't mind if the finish is gone, but if the engravings are gone i think i'll pass. I want a gun that can be refinished and look new, or an old one with nice patina on it. I might buy it for 250 though! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom