Work pants to abuse, 5.11 brand tactical series pants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mid 2014 I came into three pairs of these pants. One died in two years on a barbed wire fencing job. Two pair left. Fencing, hiking, working on equipment, basically abusing these however I could. Too thin for wear during cold weather. Well I just noticed the crotch was giving way in the last two pair. Man these are expensive, but for over seven years of abuse maybe they are worth it. I have had jeans and Carharts which did not last as well. These did great for free.

anyone else have good luck with work pants?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wore Carhartt jeans for decades. Not anymore. The quality has gone way down.

I am currently looking for something to replace them that isn't more than around $40 a pair.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are pricey, but I love the Under Armour tactical pants. The fabric is really thin but tight woven. They hold up great and are very comfortable. They are my go to when it's hot outside and have to wear pants.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tried round house, but have heard good things.

I have used Duluth pants (denim and 3 or 4 other fabrics) and really, really like them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tried round house, but have heard good things.

I have used Duluth pants (denim and 3 or 4 other fabrics) and really, really like them.
^^^ That right there. I'm pretty much Duluth all the time now. Get on their email list, they run large discounts regularly and I usually get at least 40% off. Their Firehose pants are priced comparably to Carhart on sale and are vastly superior IMO. The Firehose Flex are great pants and hold up well, the regular Firehose are straight up bomb proof but very heavy and hard to wear in the summer. It's flex for me.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up 4 or 5 pair of 5.11 pants used a couple years ago and I really like them. Holding up real well so far.
I hear good stuff about Duluth but I have never tried them.
i'll have to check out round house.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the 5.11 Apex pants/shorts but damn they are expensive. I have about the same wear history some are 5 years old some are a little older. When the stitches start to fray I burn them then add a dab of super glue, works like a charm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom