World War Z!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the equivalent of watching a historically inaccurate movie. Think Pearl Harbor with icebergs

Other than one is complete fantasy and will never happen, the other is historical fact that traumatized this nation and reverberates to this day in the national conscientiousness. Other than that your analogy is spot on.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Other than one is complete fantasy and will never happen, the other is historical fact that traumatized this nation and reverberates to this day in the national conscientiousness. Other than that your analogy is spot on.

Lol indeed
[Broken External Image]

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We saw it at the 6:15 showing in 3D. I didn't care for it, but didn't hate it. It seemed to drag on in parts. Not a fan of running zombies. Or ones that work together as those did to scale walls. I agree there was not much in the way of characterization. The only two characters I liked was the Special Forces captain who spared his men an unpleasant task and the one handed Israeli girl.

I'd give it 2 out of 4 stars. Maybe 2 1/2 because I like the genre.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy the book an will see the movie.

Fans of the book are hating the movie, the same way fans of the "I Am Legend" novel hated its big-screen adaptation.

People who haven't read the book seem to like the movie.

Based on the trailers alone, it seems it's more like "28 Days Later" than a zombie movie. And I can almost promise you "28 Days Later" does it better for about 1/20th of the production cost.

The one thing that the movie and the book had in common were that they were both good ideas that could have been better executed.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had more enjoyment watching the wife jump and squirm.
The family posed nothing substantive to the movie
I especially did not like the UN being the ones who saved the day,
The special effects wer grand but I thought the death of a person so quickly from the infected bite was ludicrous
The 3d was excellent

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We saw the first showing today- I fell asleep and started snoring and embarrassed my kids. Waaa. I had a big brunch before the movie and stayed up late last night watching movies off OnDemand ( 'A Haunting in Conneticut 2' was a waste of time, and boring). WWZ was just as boring. Too much CGI. 3D plus the speed of film hypnotizes me so it usually takes a pretty exciting movie to keep my attention so I can stay awake in a dark air conditioned theatre after a nice meal. World War Z wasnt that movie.

P.S: My kids loved it. Probably because they saw about an hour more of it than I did...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom