Worst Idea Ever: Hot Booties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Microwaveable slippers that contain Linseed Oil:

Do these people not realize what Linseed Oil does in contact with paper towels/cloth rags?

I was in line at CVS with the bluehairs to get some medicine. I did a double take. Linseed oil and cotton slippers? WTF? I certainly imagine it gets hot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It said they contain linseed. I'm betting they are talking about the actual nuts and ground up after the oil has been extracted. If not, JB might want to take note and gas up the car, gonna be some chasing to do.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It said they contain linseed. I'm betting they are talking about the actual nuts and ground up after the oil has been extracted. If not, JB might want to take note and gas up the car, gonna be some chasing to do.
Looking at the website for the hot booties it says linseed. No mention of oil at all.

I have a heat pad that you warm in the microwave. I use it for back/neck aches. If contains some kind of material. Feels like little pellets or seeds. Probably something similar to the Hot Bootie contents.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first saw the title of this thread, I was wondering why anyone would think a hot (and different) part of the human (female!) anatomy would be a bad idea...

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have been using rice as a filler for several years....if you want to try it just put some in a sock and nuke it...there are more elaborate designs but you'll get the idea....when the house is cold just put the sock at the end of your bed....toasty...when I come in and the feet are cold and wet...fresh socks and 1 bag of rice on each foot...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so if i have a can of blo in my room is it safe?

If you're being serious - yes, it's fine if you keep the can sealed. Just don't soak paper towels or rags in the stuff, then leave those laying around. That's where the fires start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom