worth of a Browning HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was an assembled in Portugal, and I had some dude at one of the fabulous Okc gunshows tell me it wasn't worth anything. It was a .40 and to my knowledge Browning never made a .40 in Belgium but I could be wrong. I think I read the plant in Belgium burned down in the 80's sometime.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows this, all BHP are made by FN. From the first to the last. The ones assembled in Portugal seem to be less desirable buy HP people even though if you put a blind fold on them, they couldn't tell the difference. The Purest want their HP to be made and assembled in Belgium and want it in 9mm. Most anyway.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is I got $900 out of a .40 that the Browning expert at the Okc gunshow said was worthless. So what I'm saying is don't take a nice pistol to a gunshow and expect to get a fair deal if your trying to sell. I don't go to make the dealers money, there are a few good people there but not many. They'll offer 500 for a thousand dollar gun and turn around and put 1200 on it after you leave and say they need to make table money HAHA

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha I know it! I'll admit I got skinned a couple of times in my younger days going to the gunshows because I didn't really have any money to spend and wanted something else really bad. I've learned to pass because there's likely another one somewhere else at a better price.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows this, all BHP are made by FN. From the first to the last. The ones assembled in Portugal seem to be less desirable buy HP people even though if you put a blind fold on them, they couldn't tell the difference. The Purest want their HP to be made and assembled in Belgium and want it in 9mm. Most anyway.
and Browning stamped, we sold those fn hi powers with the sfs for $399 new when browning marked guns were $600. I would guess it would be $800 to $1000 now if you could find someone that wanted it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom