Optics Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is a budget optic. NO youtube videos. IN your words. What is a budget OPTIC. Price ranges, features, glass quality, Brand name, warranty.

0-500 / budget
501-1000 / mid
1001- plus / high end

I know what I spend on optics. I just want to hear your thoughts.

how much do you spend on your optic?

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it would depend on the gun and what you are using it for. I'm pretty rough on my hunting guns so I wouldn't spend big bucks on a high dollar scope for hunting (Under $300). Sitting at the range trying to shoot a 2 inch group at 800 yards, yea you probably need to invest a little more.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it would depend on the gun and what you are using it for. I'm pretty rough on my hunting guns so I wouldn't spend big bucks on a high dollar scope for hunting (Under $300). Sitting at the range trying to shoot a 2 inch group at 800 yards, yea you probably need to invest a little more.
How much more would you spend?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best scope typically is the first focal plane design that runs $1000 or more because it retains POA no matter what magnification is dialed in vs second focal plane design that will change the POA at different magnifications.
Suprisingly enough Vortex has come out with two models, one under $400 and the other a tad over $500. I have both and am really impressed with the clarity of the glass and the ability to hold zero even after rough handling.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-diamondback-tactical-ffp-4-16x44-moa.html
https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-viper-pst-gen-ii-3-15x44-riflescope-black.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom