Wow, Technology!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bride and I were discussing some of the things that have become commonplace in the last five or six months. We watched a grandson be a virtual fan at a couple of Thunder games, schools are doing distant learning, churches are live-streams for services, bible study groups are using Zoom meetings, businesses have learned how to conduct business with most of their employees working from home, and on and on.

imagine what things would have been like if this current situation had happened five years ago.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad was fussing about driving down to the tag agency and standing in line to buy a car tag. I showed him how to do it on the OTC website. Took 3 minutes, showed up at the house in 2 days; He was simply amazed. Of course now I have to go walk him though it again for Mom's car tag.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like going in to the tag agent for renewal, drop in at lunch, put a new sticker on and drive off. 5 minutes or less in per car.

I wish I could do my job online. But I physically have to be there for 90% of evening job and 50% of my morning job.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger question is if say 70% of businesses move to work from home. What happens to all the large commercial real estate? If they go to a model where they just rent space as needed for meetings and such. Does the majority of large buildings that are offices turn into apartments? I know most places still want to get their people back in the office so they can watch them. They say its for the community and benefits of working together. I think they just want to watch folks pretend to work. As for zoom and teams. Google zoom fatigue its a real problem. Its exhausting being on teams all day.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bride and I were discussing some of the things that have become commonplace in the last five or six months. We watched a grandson be a virtual fan at a couple of Thunder games, schools are doing distant learning, churches are live-streams for services, bible study groups are using Zoom meetings, businesses have learned how to conduct business with most of their employees working from home, and on and on.

imagine what things would have been like if this current situation had happened five years ago.

We tried Zoom for Bible study, and the wife and I hated it. Our church has a small group program called Life Groups where we meet in the member's homes for study, or more recently, actual worship services, and then usually a meal afterward. Good old face to face interactions and discussion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like going in to the tag agent for renewal, drop in at lunch, put a new sticker on and drive off. 5 minutes or less in per car.

I wish I could do my job online. But I physically have to be there for 90% of evening job and 50% of my morning job.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Our Tag office in Osage county has a drive up window for renewals. Really convenient.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were looking at this about ten years ago while people were trying (and failing) to loose their minds over a suuuuper-deadly global pandemic in the making that failed to make. There was a decent amount of stuff we could've done (and there was some stuff we did on a limited basis for other reasons), but it was nothing like what is possible now--and it's certainly wasn't as cost-effective as Zoom et al.

This is an age of miracles and wonders...

Latest posts

Top Bottom